Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Doing some bugfixes, thought you'd wanna know...  (Read 4407 times)
h3X
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »

I just thought I'd let you know I've started attempting to fix some bugs in settings.py.
Getting a lot of tracebacks in my run log when I first attempted to run the game, so I set out to fix the broken settings menu which doesn't save settings.
Turns out it was trying to pass objects as file names. Did an ugly hack there for now and I'll keep trying to get it to run without errors before writing some real code. Hope someone appreciates my effort even though as I've understood the project is dying. Maybe if we can at least get it to run, more people would be interested enough to contribute.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »

Hi!

Please, try to contact with Beliar before doing anything serious.
From what I understand, he is currently restructuring whole our codebase.

As for "dying" - it's not quite accurate.
I'm trying to think about it more like "maturing", advancing one level higher. Of course, we will lose our mortal shell during the changes, but not all will be lost. 

The sad truth is, the community focused around free game development after the "credit crunch" is barely carrying the major projects - that is Wesnoth, Freedroid, 0 AD and various "remakes" in many stages of development - big stuff in general. There's no flock of people here, as it was a couple of years ago. Though there always was, is and will be no sufficient manpower to push PARPG where it was planned to be pushed.

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

I would call it "not in active development anymore".

This said: feel free to hack around the source and in case you want to not hack alone on it: join the IRC channel and get in contact with Beliar. He's the only former dev who's still doing some semi work on the project.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: