Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IT IS DAMN COLD HERE  (Read 2882 times)
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:53:23 PM »

In Vienna it is damn cold

Around -6 down to -14 °

And a slight wind breeze is also running.

Europe had around 220 dead people so far in total from the cold night, mostly people without a home. But also a few people who walked outside, and fell down, and couldn't manage to stand up again and froze to death (mostly elderly people)

I am glad to sit in a flat that is comfy warm, but I tried to jog outside.

It is impossible! It is so damn cold...

Reminds me of PARPG world.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:12:23 AM »

I think PARPG winter would be like -40C and 2-3m of snow. It kinda feels better when it's really cold - dry air insulates better, dry walls as well. And snow.

The temperatures you have there are peskiest of all - not really the kind of cold that makes you immobile, closer with whatever keeps you warm, nor it kills all the bacteria (shops, etc.). You think you're not restricted, you can go, do something, and you go back with running nose and cold feet.

Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »

BTW, I almost went hypothermic in mid-September, in +15C rainy and windy night. Just because of me, the clumsiest of all the people I know, spilling some water inside my sleeping bag, with whole forest literally soaking wet around me.

Most people die of cold in above freezing conditions, neglecting or being unable to care about warm clothes and good nourishment (and good shelter in case of tourists and homeless people).

dracre
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 01:22:19 AM »

In Vienna it is damn cold

Around -6 down to -14 °

Oh please. -6 to -14? We had -30 to -40 here in Finland a few days ago.  Angry
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: