Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: photos from "after the end"  (Read 2538 times)
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »

Hi!
As I wrote earlier, I live in pretty much post-apo world, at least partially.
Poland was first robbed by Nazis, later by Red Army, sold to Soviets, incorporated into Soviet Union with real government in exile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_government-in-exile) rich West forgot to help us with Marshall Plan as well.

Things changed from bad to worse in 89 in Poland, after we liberated ourselves from the Russian occupation. We've had some wild-west type of capitalism - basically mass robbery and enslavement to punish poor people with other's (communists) debt and work for the rich. Now it's even more funny - like the case of Catholic Church presenting papers (some  false http://spoleczenstwo.newsweek.pl/wraca-sprawa-komisji-majatkowej--jest-akt-oskarzenia,86441,1,1.html) to get money for the properities taken by communists (Russia). All this is doing, is hurting small people only. It's obviously much more than that, corruption reaches up to our ex presidents and prime ministers, but let's put it aside - the context is important, but the subject - even more.

Some places since 89 are nearly untouched, left by Russian soldiers, left by other owners due to general mess (eg. owner bankrupted) or property problems (owner is missing or died during or after WWII). Other places are queued, waiting for budget to clean it, finally some were actively demolished between "photo sessions".

I'm putting together a bunch of "after the end" photos, taken now or scavenged from the deep slumber of my archive. Not spectacular, not intended as such, but I hope it's a vital example of how things can look. I live slightly south (150 km) from where our game is planned to take place. Feel free to do whatever you wish - look, use it as a concept art, extract textures, or check out what type of roof was most popular behind the Iron Curtain in bad, cold war times.
I'm trying also to pinpoint other "post-apo" objects or landscapes, a bit more common - things that were left for various reasons, other than "big problems". Sometimes they're devastated, sometime - just covered with moss.
Here's the link (expect updates, descriptions etc.)
https://picasaweb.google.com/luke.jastrzebski/20YearsAfterTheEnd?authuser=0&feat=directlink

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »

Isn't it damn cold right now where you live?

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:05:31 AM »

Photos (most of) were made during -10C, calm weather. Now it's -15 (down to -20-something at night), and hardly any snow. But it's nothing uncommon to have -25C during daytime in my place (c'mon, it's almost Russia!).

Most of problems related to cold I currently have, are caused by the damn flat I live in, it gets cold really easily and quickly. No one lives under us, over, behind any wall - excluding 1,5m long fragment that is more or less covered by our stove anyways.

In Jan 2006 I've seen frost developed on the wall just above the mattress I was sleeping on.  It was bloody cold back then.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: