Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Do I have the latest version of the game?  (Read 3035 times)
Rick
Community member

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:46:26 PM »

Hello,

I spent most of today (Now yesterday) trying to get parpg working. I downloaded the SVN and spent time trying to get that working before realizing the game had been moved to Assembla. That's what I get for trying to go "Step by step" only to realize the first five steps or so were outdated. Greeeat Wiki, haha. Grin

So I've downloaded the files from Assembla along with other necessary software like Python 2.7 and FIFE Engine, etc. I started playing the game today so I could get a general feel for the direction you're heading - the wiki and forums give a pretty good idea, but playing the game really helped cement my view of what is being aimed for with parpg.

I'm not 100% sure I'm playing the latest version of the game. I was only able to explore two maps while playing:

- The first "snow area" village.
 - The Farm

I couldn't enter any buildings and I couldn't find the allusive Pekko no matter how hard I looked, which lead me to suspect I'm either a) Missing some files/updates or b) The mission for finding Pekko is incomplete, hence why I couldn't find him. A few NPC's told me he likes to go exploring in the woods and scavenging for parts near the stream - but I couldn't find the stream or the woods.

When I run the game "Tech Demo 2" is written in the window border. Do I have the latest version and this is just all there is for now, or am I missing some files? Additional maps, etc?

Cheers,

Rick.
Beliar
Community member

KarstenBock@gmx.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »

Hi Rick.

If you got the version from assembla then you do have the latest version. The window title says Techdemo2, even though its really correct.

Currently the game only has these 2 maps and 1 completable quest. The Pekko quest is not finishable because he is not anywhere on these 2 maps.

Basically if you have a version where you are approached by an npc (Janie) at the start of the game then you have the latest version.

Wing IDE - http://wingide.com/wingide - Free for OS use
Rick
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »

Hello, Beliar! Thanks for the reply. It took me quite some time to get this game running and I journalled my troubled efforts on IRC most the day. Shevy told me you'd be able to help me, and now you're the first to reply to my thread. Cheers. At least now I'm pretty well up-to-date with this project. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: