Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: first exercise.. ballroller..  (Read 5105 times)
DK
Community member

Personal Pencil Sharpener To Ye Gods

View Profile Email
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:21:37 AM »

hey all, so thought I would get the ball rolling with a very simple creative writing task...

Our PC walks into his local bar..

what does he see, what do his senses pick up?

--

notes on task

-

we currently have no start location for our pc so its a very open scenario, so in fact your vision could in fact influence where we start.

not strictly rping.. but good fun anyhow

bars are a very standard feature of crpg's and in my opinion most done ok-ish but not much higher opinion of them than that. (currently can't think of any exceptions but am sure some exist)

as we're setting this modern-dayish but post apoc.. curious what your vision of the typical post apoc bar would be...

take your time to think before you dive into, make it as detailed, descriptive and vibrant as you like (*preaches to the choir some what I think)

mine will be up soon.. just going to let it swirl around in my head for a day or two first.
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »

Fiddling with the lock on the back door to the Ghastly Penguin Tavern you finally hear the satisfactory click.
Having taken another look around the empty back yard you try the door again. It's open - no bolts on the inside either. You open the door a crack and slip your lockpick through the gap to check if there are any chains.
No chains.
Grinning into the shadows you give the door a tug. It's hinges moan quietly into the cold night air as it falls open.

Barely you discern a warm glow at the other end of the room and by that very light your trained eye makes a note of anything that's worth taking - various packaged foodstuffs and alcohol by a makeshift still. You take a precautious step into the room and peeking behind the door you freeze - for not three feet away there's a pair of eyes scrutinizing you with mild interest.

The dog is lounging near the fireplace by another figure that is seated on the floor with its back to some big sacks. There's a contraption set standing between it's tied legs; onto the contraption is attached an old two-barrel shotgun which is pointed at the figure's face and you can barely-barely discern a string of some sort leading from the contraption into the indifferent dog's mouth.

The bound and gagged figure's eyes widen as you make eye-contact and it tries shouting through the gag.

"FHWOOT DWE DWHOG!"

You quickly assess the situation: There's a loaded lightweight harpoon-gun strapped to your thigh.
There's the dog; string; gun - precious ammo - man's face, gun.

You fix your eyes on the latter - treasure
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:40 AM »

Fiddling with the lock on the back door to the Ghastly Penguin Tavern you finally hear the satisfactory

Linus Torvald, Sole Proprietor

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:23:46 AM »

Fiddling with the lock on the back door to the Ghastly Penguin Tavern you finally hear the satisfactory

Linus Torvald, Sole Proprietor

Embarrassed
Halfbrood
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 09:57:54 AM »

Hope this is alright, but I've some basic ideas for some factions rolling around in my mind, so I'm going to include those in my writing when I post.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 04:51:14 AM »

I think what would be nice is if these ideas get extended, even including some more details.

A lot more details... even dialogue options.

Perhaps details that may help artists create the atmosphere with models and such.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: