Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Small contribution of my personal photos  (Read 3974 times)
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:43:35 PM »

I've finally been able to dig through my digital archive, and here's the result:

https://picasaweb.google.com/luke.jastrzebski/ReleasedUnderWTFPL?authuser=0&feat=directlink

This is actually related directly to PARPG-sideproject, but still quite hits the spot. Some (like 20%) of those photos were shown here already.

I'm pretty much sure this are not 100% correct postapo photos, but I hope they're close enough. At least that's how my "homeland" looks nowadays.

It's basically in Public Domain now, anyone is encouraged to use this - as a concept art, base for various ideas, source of textures (those are as hi-res photos as I could get), whatever. Technical disaster, but that's what crappy cheap cameras produce (plus a bad photographer). Also I guess it's a bit different from what "game graphics" is, so I left it away from opengameart.

Maybe you too have something that fits nuclear winter mood somehow, that you want to share with the rest of our small community?

rowanthepreacher
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »

Wow, those are pretty cool. The Hooded One is kinda creepy, which is good Cheesy

Are those buildings just lying around, or did you wait until they weren't being used to take the photos?

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »

This is how transformation from communist times looks like Rowan, from being a part of CCCP through the time of wild west and robbing whatever possible in the 90-s to becoming a colony and the nation of abused slaves of Jewropiejskij Sojuz, and I happened to live in all three stages and I'm not even old guy yet.

People bought some places like this, started their own "something" on the to pf old national businesses that were unable to provide any income, started something, took credits... Finally something broke - one guy died after he dismantled huge granary and basically sold all but bricks out of it - it should be rebuilt, things are left looking like a pile of junk for 15 years now, with unfinished part of hotel scavenged by local drunkyards, no one wants his legacy now.

Other guy bankrupted,  and left the job unfinished - those are the photos with the chimney - this used to was a huge slaughterhouse and a production facility, and it's in the middle of our town. Now, after the time that had to pass, some court mess, there is yet another businessman, and maybe now there will be - a whole small district: some offices, shops, apartments and such.

It is only guarded - by private security (or municipal guard alone sometimes), and I couldn't enter the place. So those are all photos taken through a fence. But there are never any people working there, at least not yet.

I think places like this are everywhere around the world, it's just like here there are more often than in your place, and it's probably even worse elsewhere. It's getting better though - that is we're being colonized, civilized and lifted up from transformation times slowly into bitter-sweet capitalistic dream and enslavement, just like about everywhere else.

rowanthepreacher
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

You've been huffing glue again, by the sound of it, but you got the message across.

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »

It was a stressful day for me, I was in a hurry while writing. Finally I sat down and try to relax with a glass of whiskey and I hope nothing more will happen.
I think I should re-read long things twice before posting.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: