Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Delete inactive (or spam) members  (Read 5817 times)
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:50:16 PM »

Hi.

I think we should slowly consider removing inactive accounts.

My proposals (in parens last time active):

dekki:    946 days ago
marcus:    935 days ago
Dubaian:    931 days ago
crowleyhammer: 931 days ago

If there are no objections, I kill 'em.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »

Lesson learned from what has happened to arikel: no spam = no deletions.

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »

I'm strongly against removing any accounts unless there are PURE spam accounts. What would be the purpose of deleting these accounts, sorry, I don't get it.

There are IMO better places to start reviving the project, if that's what you have in mind shevy.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »

A game needs active participants. Dead weight just isn't helping. Inactivity is what keeps a project in a state of sleep.

In my opinion it is better to radically cut with the past and discard what isn't working. I think these guys will never login again, but we can see in a few years Cheesy

People just aren't going to be active if they don't want to be active. Look at the state of the wiki - noone has cleaned the wiki up much. The wiki is not internally consistent ... and we have not yet connected it with the PARPG game itself (dataset ... I would like to connect the NPC data to the wiki).

The whole Agile philosophy on the wiki is like dead weight because there is barely anyone around to carry things forward. The best philosophy doesn't help if noone adds code (Beliar adds quite a lot of code, praise him!)

There are IMO better places to start reviving the project, if that's what you have in mind shevy.

Of course, but I don't want to make a half-hearted approach. EVERYTHING has to be cleaned RADICALLY.

I see this as polishing. Once things have been polished, we go promote for PARPG again.

With that being said though, since you guys don't like accounts being removed, I won't remove them.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
rowanthepreacher
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »

Hmm. I dunno. Cutting off the >2 year inactivity people would give us a more accurate count, but since we all pretty much know who everyone is, I don't think it's necessary.

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »

I agree about the Agile articles at the wiki: they don't add anything right now. This said, the links to them should be simply removed from the starting page of the wiki and rather replaced with a single link where all agile articles are listed.

Concerning removing user accounts based on activity: that's simply bad practice every way I look at it. I've _never_ seen a serious project that used that approach for whatever motivational purpose there might be. That's all I'm saying about it :-)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: