Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Possible new contributer  (Read 4502 times)
Dominic
Community member

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »

Hello,

I've just found out about this project on GOG.com and it looks really good so far (and I loved games like Fallout and PS:T). I would like to get involved in some way, however I am not sure how much time I will be able to contribute.

Just a little about myself:
I've just finished a sociology degree, but I'm interested in getting into the games industry in some way. I know some C, SDL, Curses and Inform (an IF language), but I don't imagine I am competent enough to contribute in the programming department.

However, my degree might suit some sort of role in the writing department. Because I may not have enough time to write and maintain entire storylines - and nor do I wish to tread on anyone else's toes - I could be used as a sort of consultant (if that isn't too pretentious a title Tongue) on issues such as politics, society, culture, of which I have some knowledge. I could then make (hopefully) positive contributions to this project without interfering with people who have invested more time and who probably know more about making games than I do.

In this vein, I would like to make a suggestion (which I will also post in more detail on the writers' board). I could write some backstory (perhaps in the form of essays and academic books) to this world, which could be included in the game as books that the PC could read at his/her leisure should he/she find them (like in Morrowind). For instance, I could do a history of the nuclear wars that preceded this time period. This would allow me to contribute in a way that uses my knowledge, without interfering with the storylines (they would be extra content, if you like).

Sorry that's rather long-winded, but I would like to know what you think.

Dom
MrWillis
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »

Hey dominic. you should drop by the irc sometime. It is usually lively in there.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »

Hi!
Welcome to the team.
Honestly, any remarks and helpful suggestions will move things forward here. If you can provide anything useful, it would be magnificent as well.
There is not only some coding and writing that is yet to be done - just take a look at the forums and wiki to have quick immersion into the project, or just chat with us on IRC, where most of the team members can be reached.

rowanthepreacher
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:47 PM »

Yes... yes... the writers grow.

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: