Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: First Developer Meeting Agenda  (Read 4994 times)
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:47:33 PM »

The first developer meeting is currently scheduled for Sunday, May 1 from 8-9 pm UTC. In preparation for the first meeting I'd like to start a discussion about what should be on the meeting agenda.

One item that I think should get top priority is how administrator access to our web infrastructure should be managed and distributed among the current developers. Another high-priority item should be the focus of the next sprint.

Should any additional items be added?

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »

I may be not here at the time, improving my health and endurance may keep me away from home. So I'd rather write here all by doubts and worries and just see if and how and when things will happen. It is as well perfectly possible for me to be at home at the time, I just dunno yet.

I think we should sum up what went OK and what went bad during last sprint in the first place. And what valuable conclusions we can draw from this.

I'd rather expand "focus on the next sprint" subject, as this is really wide topic.

I think this will be more informative and brainstorming rather than making any decisions. But what I'm curious about is:
Where to know from what is ready, what is being prototyped, what is impossible, ad what is on backburner?
How and when to propose sprint goals? How to motivate them? By writing user stories, just as we did it last time? (I think it worked bad in terms of saying precisely what needs to be done, and tearing them into tickets is the point when things started to go wrong IMHO)
How do we choose sprint devs? We are short on crew, so... Maybe let's not limit sprint crew count this time? This may also affect how we choose sprint goals - when having, for example, two decent writers on board, we may want push their toolset a bit forward and try (and maybe fix if there is something wrong) the map editor, so that they can at least try to do some real content later.
Is one sprint and one mixed meeting weekly enough, too little or too much?
When could we start the next sprint cycle? Are there any proposals? What things need to be done before starting it?

Also, apart from sprint, may we just gather ideas for some easy stuff to do? Something that will empower those who have less time to push PARPG forward a bit, even without the time needed for participating in sprint?

Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »

I set up a wiki page for everyone to add to and modify the meeting agenda: http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2011/05/01. We should probably finalize the agenda by Saturday so that everyone has a chance to look at it before the meeting.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

Seems like I might have mis-clicked the doodle, but it's highly unlikely that I will be able to make a meeting on sunday.  It's possible that I will be able to check in after - around 11 pm or 12 UTC.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:55:47 AM »

zenbitz, are you only unable to attend this particular meeting on Sunday, May 1 or are all Sundays difficult for you? If the later, can you update the doodle with the times that you can attend?

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 12:35:28 AM »

I'll be around tomorrow :-) Hope the other devs can make it as well!
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »

Sundays are sort of hit and miss.  I was out of town this weekend.  If we had them every sunday I would probably be able to make half of them.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
aspidites
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »

Just a note: I used the merge command, so character customization was in fact merged back into trunk. However, I had some issues submitting revs after my other computer crashed, so had to manually patch those (rather, barra did on my behalf).

In short, while trunk was patched, it wasn't patched with character customization content. At least, not the content that went on during the sprint.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: