Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Profession: Rat Master for immediate feedback  (Read 3173 times)
p_gwriter
Community member

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

Rat Master
(inspired by the Rat quest in the wiki)

Basically breeding of rats by giving them plants or corpse as food

Requirments - at least 2 rats (don't differentiate with male/female coz it's too complex, or ..it depends), plant or corpse
PC places 2 rats in ground.. If in an enclosed area rat moves around. If not, Rats run and escape and breeding fails.
PC places corpse or plant in the same enclosed location as the rats
Leave the Rats and return after X number of Day&Night cycle. Reality must be benta bit here.
Capture the Rats. They don't fight back.

some are bully rats that hurt other rats but require little food. some rats eat more and multiply fast but easily bullied by other rats. PC must manage time and number and types of rats for a successful harvest.

a possible quest would be: Town asks PC to give them rat meat, but all rooms are occupied with NPCs that dislike/kill rats. They say it's another form of cannibalism. Another quest: there are no plants to feed the rats, PC must find a human body. dead or alive does it matter?

Story wise rats act as metaphor for the survivors of the island. They squabble over each other whenever they can.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:37:00 PM by p_gwriter » Logged
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »

This really needs to be in writing section?

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
p_gwriter
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 06:52:47 AM »

This really needs to be in writing section?

I read a page in a wiki page http://wiki.parpg.net/Survivors#Character_.22Types.22_or_.22Professions.22

It mentions professions and it is under Story Mechanics. So I thought of placing profession suggestions in Mechanics forum.

I'm assuming gameplay first before narrative workflow is used in parpg so i posted here.

I find that some ideas are difficult to categorize as Gameplay or Writing. They seem to blend a bit.

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:10:34 PM »

Ah... I think "rat master" is too specific.  I guess this is generically "crafting" with "animal husbandry/farming" as the skills.  Plus commerce skills to sell them...

So to me - this is like a specific set of parameters (objects; i.e, rats) that the player could manipulate for profit.    It's true that it's on the border of writing/mechanics - but in general the "source" of rats and the "sink" (i.e, to whom do you sell the rats) is story-specific.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: