Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: old_man.yaml and dialogue_demo.py  (Read 2497 times)
ysangkok
Community member

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:19:59 PM »

is old_man.yaml supposed to work?

i get this error:
Code:
ERROR:dialogueengine.DialogueProcessor:exception raised in DialogueGreeting foun
d_ring condition: 'DialogueSection' object has no attribute 'condition'

i tried looking in the yaml file for differences compared to the others but i didn't find any. why does old_man.yaml fail to parse without errors when the others do not?
aspidites
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:05 AM »

The reason is that old_man implements a GREETINGS section, while others do not. Thus, is is very likely that either a) GREETINGS isn't implemented in the engine or b) there is a bug in the portion of the engine that is supposed to implement GREETINGS.

A ticket should probably be filed for this so that Technomage is made aware of the issue. Thanks for stumbling upon it.
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:14 AM »

Hi ysangkok,

Thanks for pointing that out, I went ahead and created a bug ticket (http://parpg-trac.cvsdude.com/parpg/ticket/326). I wrote old_man.yaml as a test script when redesigning the dialog engine and probably didn't bother to update it. The error shouldn't be fatal and the rest of the game should run just fine without the old_man.yaml dialog, but please update the ticket if this is not the case.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: