Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [OGA-Archived] new draft track, polling if it gets more agreement for combat  (Read 4909 times)
timong
Community member

Hmm, where will this appear?

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »

Todays new draft longing for criticism:

http://www.box.net/shared/buf8qvh1j5

Is it possible that this one is close to PARPG combat music intentions?

I'm trying to come up with some draft that at least in its draftiness gets closer to a "PARPGish" combat music style. Balancing between ambient and the yet not so ambient....
So have you say, dont hesitate. Tell me its crap or its any good. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:28:53 AM by qubodup » Logged

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »

ok, in a couple of rounds on the irc, ive updated the track another 2 times, so now its not so much drafty now. have your say, pls. thx! Smiley

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »

This one I love a lot! Strong punch in the very first phrase will make player aware of the situation, and whole rest is really tasty. I like also the downtempo (or rhythm change only?) moments.  Mighty, mighty good work, And if this is still a draft, I'm impatiently looking for "mastered" version.

timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »

This one I love a lot! Strong punch in the very first phrase will make player aware of the situation, and whole rest is really tasty. I like also the downtempo (or rhythm change only?) moments.  Mighty, mighty good work, And if this is still a draft, I'm impatiently looking for "mastered" version.

Glad to hear that. I'll try to finish it soon.

I wonder how long combats will be, but probably it doesnt worth to extend it too much longer. Rather we should have a few another shorter combat tracks and randomly choose one for a new combat?

Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

we will have turn based combat, so I guess the answer is it can take any amount of time from 15s up. If you ask me if there will be any big/long combats, I'd say no, it should not be long, but its all in hands of quest designers really.

timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »

Here goes the final "master" then: http://www.box.net/shared/25xfurgyf6
soon a flac too...

cc-by-sa-3

ogg:

http://www.box.net/shared/v8c9b7cu0n

flac:
http://www.box.net/shared/ua91cqmvtz
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:44:16 PM by timong » Logged

freegamer
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »

This is vastly better than the other punk rock track.  I'm not a fan of the beat going off, as it does periodically, as I equate combat with a fast (loud, steady) heart beat caused by adrenaline.   Whilst you get crescendos of intensity in an adrenaline fueled situation, it never just 'stops' briefly then restarts.  The beat should not be stop-start like that.  IMHO.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »

This is vastly better than the other punk rock track.  I'm not a fan of the beat going off, as it does periodically, as I equate combat with a fast (loud, steady) heart beat caused by adrenaline.   Whilst you get crescendos of intensity in an adrenaline fueled situation, it never just 'stops' briefly then restarts.  The beat should not be stop-start like that.  IMHO.

Were talking about a turn based combat,  ambientish track.  A little twist is not for your heartbeat,  but your legs movement and punches,  which arent constant.  Well,  i understand what u say,  but a little alternativity isnt abad thing,  not always the boring schemas.  But anyway im done with this one already,  so feel free to use it if its fitting.

qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »

the track now is on OGA: http://opengameart.org/content/fatal-twist-ambient-death
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: