Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Progress reporting  (Read 2255 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:47 AM »

This thread will be used for reporting back progress for developers who are on the sprint team but can't attend one of our twice-weekly Scrum meetings. If you want to report any impediments, please rather start a new thread here at the sprint board.
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:14:56 PM »

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the sprint meeting today (February 25). Recent cold snaps have forced me to take drastic action to save my fruit trees.

What have you worked on since the last meeting? I've been trying to figure out a method for attaching character statistics and other metadata to character instances, but after fiddling with my current prototype for over a week with nothing but errors to show for all my work I've decided to scrap my current prototype and take a new approach.

What were your impediments? In my previous prototype I tried to simply hack the existing methods in GameModel for loading all_agents.yaml and insert the character data there, but unfortunately due to the way those methods deserialize the character instances written in YAML this proved to be difficult if not impossible without rewriting most of the parsing code anyway.

What do you plan to work on next? In lieu of my previous prototype's failure I've decided to replace the existing YAML parsing code with my generic Python object XML serialization code, which should make it much easier to extend in the long run. I spoke with Beliar about this change last week, and he agreed with such an approach. Hopefully I'll have a working prototype in the next week or so.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »

In case I won't be able to attend this meeting, I'll report now:

Work since last time: With help of Technomage I was able to stylize the main menu.
Technomage started working on the character creation screen and I stylized it (and hopefully didn't make his next commit painful by modding the .xml and .py he was working on  Sad

Video of current Main Menu/Char Creation
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: