Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Meeting scribe role  (Read 3684 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »

Technomage acted as scribe who tracified user stories and sprint tasks at the yesterday's meeting. My personal impression was that one scribe is kept quite busy with tracifying the new broken down user stories and sprint tasks. Therefore the scribe can't fully contribute to the discussion.

My personal proposal is that the scribe just tracifies the broken down user stories we'll commit to during the sprint. The actual department-specific sprint tasks should be written by developers from the department as they know their field of work best.

What's your take on the scribe role? Who should tracify the sprint tasks of the departments?
kb1pkl
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »

When the department meets and breaks up a user story into tasks, each task would be assigned to someone, and that someone would tracify it. I think the Scribe should just tracify new user stories as needed, not tasks.
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »

The one benefit of having a single person (a scribe) is that issues regarding Trac accounts, access etc. are minimized. Debugging Trac issues during the meeting for multiple people could be distracting. Not to mention checking up on the tickets and making sure there are no duplicates, all points addressed at the meeting are written down, etc.

I do see your point though. Perhaps for the next sprint we should try having individual departments write their own trac tickets and see how it goes.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: