Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Currency AND/OR Basic unit of value measurement  (Read 7285 times)
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:34:24 AM »

that's the idea rowan, but the "currency hack" is just to give something to the player/trading partner that can be divisible is small units.

Like If I make a trade offer and dude says "no" I have to add something...  I guess this is kinda of abusable.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
rowanthepreacher
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »

I just don't see why it's necessary to provide small units, except in the form of lower value trade goods.

I realise that my previous post didn't really add much to the posts you've made previously, but I just think that all currency should be in trade good form. If you haul around cigarettes to provide this small unit of currency, it should be possible that someone doesn't want cigarettes, so you'll still have to offer something else.

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »

except in the form of lower value trade goods.

See, that's kind of key.   We don't have a "carry everything and then some more just in case" inventory system.  PC is limited in what he can carry.   

So it's a playability issue.  There is no point in *needlessly* screwing a player who wants to trade for something when we restrict his carrying capacity.  So there is a little "sop" to handle the wiggle room. 

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: