Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Writing Resume  (Read 3666 times)
Sons_of_Dracon
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:37 AM »

Hello, my name is Nathan, and I was interested in the writing opportunity I heard about here.  I was referenced here by a friend of mine, who is a long term member of the obsidian forums.  His alias is nightshade I believe.  Attached is my Resume.  I will upload some of the side writing I have done as well, if anyone is interested.  I have a very flexible schedule, live on the east coast of the US, and am reachable by email, instant messaging, and phone.  I hope to hear back from you guys soon.  Thanks for your time!

* Writer Resume.doc (26.5 KB - downloaded 253 times.)
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 07:10:51 AM »

And a hello from the PARPG forums' side !
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »

Hi Nathan!

Welcome to the team.
I hope you will get cozy here Smiley

dracre
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »

Nice CV dude.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »

Nice CV dude.
To be fair: while sending in a CV when applying for a position is not required in any way, it doesn't hurt either.

So everyone is free to send in a CV for the writer position (or any other), but it will not play a major role in the decision process who will get involved in the project in the end.
Sons_of_Dracon
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:21 AM »

Grin  thanks for the hospitality.  It'll be cool to watch the project grow and I can't wait to see what the end product will be like, regardless of who writes it.

Aside from what's there, I'm an overall nerd, and look forward to meeting all of you Cheesy
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »

Glad to see that you're interested in joining PARPG!

From looking at your resume I think that you are definitely well-qualified for the lead writer position. Having experience with game development and PNP rulesets is a plus, and we could definitely benefit from your real world experiences in the boy scouts and US military. However, as mvBarracuda points out these qualifications are only part of the equation.

An important determinant is going to be how well you and the development team "fit" together. We just want to make sure that you and the development team are comfortable working with one another, since we're going to be working together for a long time! Its not an exact science by any means and we're still trying to figure out the details, but we'll have something concrete for you in the next few days (hopefully).

Anyway, I'm glad you want to get involved and I look forward to collaborating with you! Please don't hesitate to jump on IRC and chat.

P.S.: We don't require any personally-identifiable information, so if you're at all uncomfortable having your personal information publicly viewable I suggest you remove it from your resume and repost it.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: