Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [accepted] Applying as interaction/interface developer (and marketing guy)  (Read 4399 times)
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: December 05, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »

Hello,

I'm looking for a project to contribute to for the next 4 months (possibly more) and thought perhaps PARPG could use my help.

Position: Interface/Interaction designer (and Marketing)

Name:Iwan Gabovitch
Email/GTalk:qubodup@gmail.com
Availability:14 hours/week for the next 4 months for a start.

Interaction design Skills and Experience:
I'm attending Interaction design and Marketing classes in course of Game/Interaction Design at HTW Berlin. I know how to use game/level editors (specifically RPGMaker2K, StarCraft1, WarCraft3, Sauerbraten) and I made small games in Lua/LÖVE (see my visual portfolio). I also customized wiki/forum/blog systems for FreeGameDev, PARPG, Radakan (site currently broken) and DungeonHack

Community/marketing Skills and Experience:
FreeGamer blogger, moderator on OpenGameArt and FreeGameDev.

Motivation:
I want to be part of a game dev team, as an addition to the university courses I am taking.
I love making games more accessible and complete by tweaking a specific feature of it.

Short:
I would like to be part of the team and help to improve a few interaction aspects of the game (for example tutorials, controls, gui layout). I'm not afraid of (Python) scripting. I would also like to help with marketing (writing blog posts for example).
I have written a longer, more general 'application'.

Favorite Games:
Amnesia, MechWarrior 3, WarCraft 3, Fallout 2
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:57:27 PM by qubodup » Logged
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 02:49:12 PM »

Heya qubodup :-)

It's great to see you applying to the project. You've done a great job covering PARPG at the freegamer blog, your PARPG progress videos were a nice way to actually visually see the progress of the project and surely helped to attract new community members this way.

So if you're not worried that PARPG is not mature enough for your course, I'm all for welcoming you on the team. This said: you would be pretty closely working with zenbitz, who's the head of the mechanics department, over the course of these four months. I've mailed him a link to this application thread and if he's fine with it, we would gladly accept your offer.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »

Hi!
Nice to see you still care and think of PARPG Cheesy

I'm looking forward to work with you, I will do my best, support you (and this project) with best graphics I can make. Feel free to mail/PM me, discuss things on IRC, and recall things I have forgotten.

If anything has to be finished before April, I think we have to be in hurry now.

qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »

Hey and thanks for the warm re-welcoming Smiley

I will show the projects I applied to to my professors tomorrow and then start deciding which to join.

zenbitz: should I join PARPG, it would be optimal if we could work together. Do you know if you will be available for development in the next four months? Smiley
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 06:45:37 PM »

Sounds good to me.   I don't always hang around in IRC when I am at work or home, but I am normally "close by" if you ping me via PM.

I should warn you though - my ideas for PARPG are highly unorthodox for video game design.  Ah, the freedom of not having to sell the thing!

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »

Hi qubodup,

Sounds great! I Hope things work out with your class.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:01 PM »

I decided for PARPG and my first task will be to grasp what kind of GUI elements are needed for the game.

I wrote a little about the process of finding a project in case you're interested: http://qubodup.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/picking-projects-to-join-and-contribute-to-as-interaction-designer-marketing-person/
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »

Sounds great to me qubodup :-) Welcome on the team!
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 03:43:06 PM »

A half-life hello from me too  Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: