Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello, there!  (Read 2560 times)
GabrieldCF
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: November 11, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »

Hello, guys!

My name is Gabriel, I'm a Brazilian 25 years old Chemical Engineering senior student. I like programming and Python is my favorite programming language, though I'm not very experienced, as in university I use to work more with numerical calculus, simulation, optimization and all that number crunching stuff; I've never designed a GUI though. And I'm not quite familiar with OOP yet either, so, for now, I'm a rather useless programmer for you. Yet I'd like to learn these things, I've been reading a lot of books and tutorials on Python and I can do some art in Inkscape too (nothing of astonishing, though) and I think joining this community is a very exciting way to develop my skills and have some fun.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that I'm a big, big fan of the Fallout series, specially Fallout 2, which I regard as the best game ever made. Even if I'm useless as a programmer or an artist or anything else, be a part of a commuinty of talented people developing a post nuclear RPG with other fans would be great!
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:45 AM »

Hi Gabriel!
Welcome!
Feel yourself comfortable here, have some reading, familiarize with all our stuff and staff. Even if you don't want to code - we have lots of tasks for non-programmers as well - from just spreading the news or giving us feedback, "gameplay design" (this is many many different thinks, like quest design or level editing) to 3D animation.

Cheers,
Luke

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »

Heya Gabriel :-)

Welcome on the forums, I hope you enjoy the stay. The best way to get in contact with the other developers and get involved in the project is to visit the IRC channel of it:
http://blog.parpg.net/irc/

If you don't have an IRC client installed on your system right now, you can simply use the browser based client that can be found here:
http://irc.parpg.net

While the forums are a great way of persistent communication, the IRC channel is currently the main place where brainstorming and discussion takes place.
GabrieldCF
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »

I've been looking at the work you guys have done and it's quite impressive, wow! The artwork is great, it really has the look and feel of the old Fallouts, but better in some ways. The story also looks very promising.

I'll keep on reading and familiarizing with the work you've already done before trying to contribute in some way.

Thanks for the welcome!
Technomage
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 02:58:50 AM »

Hi Gabriel! Welcome to PARPG Smiley

As others have stated there is plenty to do even for non-programmers and we always welcome the support. If you have questions or just want to chat, do join us on IRC (http://irc.parpg.net) - most of us are located in Western Europe but the channel is rarely empty for more than a few hours at a time, and I think you'll find that we're a pretty friendly bunch.

"There are more atoms in the period at the end of this sentence than you can count in a lifetime." Science is awesome.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: