Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Has Anybody seen the Road ?  (Read 9227 times)
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »

The movie, The Road; has anybody seen it ?

It left quite a strong impression on me because of the setting. It was screaming PARPG 'round every corner. I'm not sure about all the cannibalism, though, but the decay and survivalism involved was pretty .. decent, if one can put it that way รต_o
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:27:33 PM »

Well, I'll see it during this weekend, I guess. trailer looks really impressive (as for a Hollywood pulp Tongue)

If you will be on chat for 20 minutes next time and we will be there, please ping us. I was like 2 minutes to late to chat with you :/

Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »

You're going to see it at a theatre ? Ah, wish I had seen it that way. I saw it friom a screen and it was fine, but would have liked to have the setting engulf me - it was quite... desolate : )

Hey and yeah - I'll try to get on chat more. I forget to log on whenever I'm at my laptop ._. Next time if there's any time we should try and get the gui-hud going

Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »

No, not a big screen this time. 12 inches.

The images there was from time to time really adequate to what PARPG could be. But on the other hand - sometimes clothes or blankets was just clean and soft, and pots - shiny... Kinda strange thing not to have whole pot in creosote and soot if you cook on wood...
I guess, I'm not the kind of person that enjoy pop movies.
From the very small group I enjoyed, close to postapo is only "Tetsuo, the iron man". Intensive, but really lovely Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:15:31 PM by Q_x » Logged

Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »

Being mainstream, it of course had its flaws (not too much attention to the details), but the mood it was trying to convey was adequate. Looking back on it I am still madly disturbed by the dumb cannibalism thing and the ending was kind of Hollywood, but none-the less the image is still strong with me
comscar
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »

they handled the whole survival part pretty well. but i agree the ending wasn't all that great.

my GOD that cannibal part was creepy...
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »

Nah, not creepy at all. Kinda naive. But thats the Hollywood's charm.

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 04:33:19 AM »

I saw it, I thought it was decent.  I haven't yet seen the Book of Eli.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: