Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: another writer says hi  (Read 2323 times)
flavor mcdoodle
Community member

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »

hi

My name is magnus and i have been lurking on these forums since the beginning of the project. Since i like games (especially RPGs) and open source this project has peeked my interest quite a bit. I have been impressed by the quality of the project so far, but thought of it as dead, when the forums suddenly became silent after barracudas departure.
I don't know why I haven't registered to the forum before now, since i already had some ideas for the project some time ago. But now that it seems some people are getting active again, and my vacation from university isn't over yet, I thought I might as well try to participate to this cool project.
What can I tell about myself? I study history at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark. I think I can mainly contribute to the project in the writing department, since my python programming skills are almost non existing (I know some basics though), and my graphical skills likewise. For now I have some ideas for a couple of locations that I will be posting in the writing section of the forum. Feel free to criticize it all you want, but hopefully someone likes it.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »

Hi Magnus Smiley

Nice to see you here.
Forums are a bit quiet last days, but I encourage you to lurk on irc from time to time - I guess #fife is also worth participating, as this is the place we blame some persons for all our missing features and bugs inside the engine Cheesy.

Have you got the game running?

If you know what in general means "to code" - maybe you can not only read/write quests, but also implement a part of them (like puting a part of your writing into the game from time to time, YAML markup is really simple)? Or design levels?

For now Gaspard was the last person seen active in writing dept, maybe he will guide you when he'll be back.

We not only more or less lost Barra, but in the very same time also Shevy, Zenbitz and Maximinus went silent or departed, it was really hard time for the project, this four (plus JustinOperable and Gaspard, both still active) were most active persons at that time. But we survived the apocalypse and we are still afloat.

Cheers,
Luke

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: