Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How about another meeting?  (Read 6939 times)
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »

As in topic. I started this on IRC, but there was noone to talk to and I was sleepy, so I have'nt wait too long.

Lets make this (probably very last) "big" IRC meeting to be sure of where the project is heading to, how many persons are maybe still interested, how much time they can spend, if there is any opportunity for the project to move on forward with its current crew, and so on.
And lets announce this loud, lets gather some attention also this time.

We would need:
Announcement on the blog, next (or this?) week on time and purpose of the meeting.
Announcement wherever possible, that we are looking for new crew volunteers in management, coding, story-writing and 3D fields. Or, if no one will arrive, noone able move things here, I can agree - we will have to decease the project. But lets try this very last time.
E-mail announcements to all those interested, bur rarely looking here.
Since Maximinus departure we don't have to fiddle too much with the time, my personal choice would be the Saturday, 5th or 12th, 10-11.00 GMT. If you disagree, please write why not and when you can be online.

What do you think about this kind of ending?

Beliar
Community member

KarstenBock@gmx.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »

Is that AM or PM? 10-11 AM, which is 12-13 AM CE(S)T i think, is not a good time for me on saturdays (and sundays).  Later in the afternoon would be better.

Wing IDE - http://wingide.com/wingide - Free for OS use
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »

I dunno AM and PM deal, sorry for my ignorance (as well as the non-metric systems in square and cubic measures, like "how many cubic inches are there in one US fluid ounce or one cubic foot"?).
11.00 is 11.00, not 23.00 (this again is too late for me).

How about June 12 or 13, at 17.00 GMT (is it 5 PM?)?
Again - is it OK for the crew members from the other side of the big water?

JustinOperable
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:48 AM »

13th I can do, 12th I probably can't.
Beliar
Community member

KarstenBock@gmx.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »

17:00 GMT, that would be 19:00 CEST if i am not mistaken, would work on both days (Although on the 13th i'd probably be on a few minutes later)

And AM = 00:01 to 11:59 and PM = 12:01 to 23:59 (I am more accustomed to 24 hour clocks too)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:31:07 PM by Beliar » Logged

Wing IDE - http://wingide.com/wingide - Free for OS use
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 05:46:56 AM »

Thanks Smiley

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »

If you agree upon an actual date, please let me know. I can annouce it at the blog so the others know about it as well. However I won't be there myself as I got my hands full with university related issues. Thanks for your understanding.

EDIT: It might be the best approach to simply set something into stone in the next 2 days so I can annouce the meeting at the blog at least 2-3 days before it actually takes place.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:53:38 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 03:04:22 PM »

Thanks Barra Smiley
Last thing I concluded here is the Sunday, 13th, 17.00 GMT, Zulu or UTC, however you call it. If someone is not OK with this, please write it here and it would be good to make a proposal not conflicting with what was written above.

If nothing will happen here in this thread within next two days, I think you can make the announcement and all the people late to complain will just have to wake up early, go to sleep late or eventually browse the logs and discuss on the forums.

Any ideas for the topics are welcomed (there are obvious two: how many of us can work and is it enough to keep the project living or not).

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »

I'll announce the meeting date at the blog tomorrow. Good luck with the meeting :-)
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 05:22:03 PM »

Sorry I will be at my son's last T-ball game at that time...

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »

Sorry to hear that zenbitz :-(

Posted at the blog just a couple of minutes ago: http://blog.parpg.net/2010/06/parpg-developer-meeting-at-sunday/
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »

http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2010/06/13

Zenbitz:
This is probably only a timesheet-like meeting only, counting the heads, checking if we can continue on our own or not, measuring the manpower, organizing the workflow if possible.
Game needs a dedicated lead programmer.
Sorry for mixing the threads, but does it mean you are opting for not deceasing the project, no matter how hopeless the situation will be during meeting?

JustinOperable
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »

hey, sorry I missed the meeting, you can still count me among those still willing to work and promote PARPG. I would've been there but I got confused as to the time conversion.
comscar
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:15:56 PM »

sorry I didn't make it, I haven't checked the site for a while and got back from some family trip.

I'm still around for concept artist... not as important as a programmer or anything, but eh...
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »

Nice to see you again comscar Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: