Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Coordinating  (Read 5713 times)
b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »

Hi, people.

I'm finally back from my trip and readjusted to timezone + daylight saving. Are there any devs still active or eager to code and just lacking direction? I'd like to discuss who does what, make and assign tickets accordingly, etc.
przemo_li
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »

Hi I'm alive I'll try to send patch about "Console" after one week. Then I'm free with no "idea" what to do and how parpg work Cheesy

I thought about main menu (or prototype of menu, or prototype of prototype of prototype), but this may be too much for me.
(I'm working out UH way, but it is not so useful).
Beliar
Community member

KarstenBock@gmx.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »

Well, i am still here.

Wing IDE - http://wingide.com/wingide - Free for OS use
b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »

I've created a filter called "Good first tasks" in trac: http://parpg-trac.cvsdude.com/parpg/report/11
It lists all the tasks that have 'newbie' in keywords. I also added such keyword to tickets that seemed easy enough for newcomer to do. That mostly included GUI tasks, but hopefully other ones appear soon too.

@przemo_li : you can choose one of those to do. I thought about either main menu (more complicated) or inventory screen item images #257 (simpler). But you're free to choose any other if you're so inclined.
b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »

@Beliar: saw your comment in #254. If you're willing to take on that task, let's make a dedicated topic on forums or discuss it in IRC. The problem is a bit broader then just NPC inventories.
b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:57:11 AM »

My own intention was to finish quest engine, etc to the point where fedex quest is possible without any manual actions through console. Afterwards -- implement objects/npcs database task unless someone else does it before that. And hopefully somewhere around that time we can re-read Zenbitz'es docs on stats (if any), meet and discuss how those should work and how to implement them.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:22 AM »

I was thinking that it might make sense for me to start coding some stuff, or at least poking my head in.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 05:57:15 AM »

If you're feeling like it, it might be a very good thing to do now. Things aren't particularly active on programming grounds as you can see.

Also, maybe you can assist me figuring out what's left to do for the quests. Am I just a loser, or is it really currently impossible to find the corpse?
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:28 PM »

There's no corpse object, unless someone added one while I wasn't looking (I didn't add one since I knew there was no code to handle finding it!... also I was hoping to do it on a "real" map)

b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »

Can you add some demo corpse then? Smiley
I want to try and figure out how to implement finding it. But I suppose it should be something along the same lines as talking to somebody. We just need a way to trigger that event when the corpse location is 'examine'd.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:58 PM »

my distro still doesn't work...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: