Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Battle Themes  (Read 2632 times)
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:10:09 AM »

Out of curiosity, how long will battles be in this game? Brief? Moderate? Long? Of course, it would help to define each term.

For a brief battle, it would have to be anywhere from 15-20 seconds per fight. Moderate could be about 30-60 seconds, and long will be longer than a minute. I'm just asking because I'm playing around with my sequencer right now, and could have a messy, 'brief' battle theme ready for the techdemo, if there's going to be any fighting at all.

Let's fight some ballerinas.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:32:05 AM »

there will be no fighting in the demo... no stats or combat system implemented yet!

For the "real" game... I think I would like to keep battles short and "sharp"... but I imagine in a turn based system will have battles go at least a minute or two "real time" (even if there are only a few actions)

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:46:28 AM »

Depends on how much of a delay there is between the beginning of the battle, entering commands, and how fast the battle moves (though I imagine the 'speed' can be altered if need be?). Anyway, here's something I threw together relatively quickly; I'm wondering if this can be usable in some form or not. Yes, it's in OGG format.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/snvlpq

Let's fight some ballerinas.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »

I like the drums background, it only needs much more variation in rhythm. The foreground instrument is rather annoying, at least for an atmospheric battle. The speed of the track all in all is too fast for a PA atmosphere I'd say. - I understand that this was just a quick throw-together, that's why i'm so blunt Smiley

Fallout did not have battle music, which was fine, most of the time since most of the time the music was rather dangerous, with the exceptions of some 'melancholic' themes. What do you think of this concept? I think I liked it (except for the mentioned melancholic towns)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: