Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: YAPD (Yet another Python Developer)  (Read 3532 times)
Kasbe
Community member

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:21:15 AM »

Hello! My name's Santi. I have been looking at the project for quite a while, and I'd like to help. As previous projects, I dont have a lot to show, as I took Python up last September. I've made YAP (Yet another Pong), and a Simple 2D physics engine using Pygame, plus a few random unfinished programs (an Asteroids clone and a Text based RPG are some of them). This would be my first community based project, so I'd need some links to documentation on this way of development.
I'd like to participate in the project to continue developing my Python skills, and because I've always been a fan of RPGs. So if you'd like a hand on that Python code, I'll be willing to help. Just tell what to do Smiley

PD: Oh, I forgot to menction I can speak Spanish, so if you ever think about translating the game, count me on!
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:29:12 AM »

Welcome! Nice to see new coder here!
Are you able to run the game?
Code is being refactored and patched right now, programming dept will surely listen impressions and points of someone who see it for the first time.
And chat with us via IRC - ask, talk exchange ideas.
Forums and wiki are also worth reading, lots of good stuff waits there!

Cheers,
Luke

maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:48:30 AM »

Hi Kasbe

First thing is to read this: http://forums.parpg.net/index.php?topic=654.0

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask on either IRC or here at the forums. If you would like to be assigned a specific problem, that can be done as well  Grin

Science is open-source religion
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:56:01 AM »

Hey Kasbe,

I guess for Techdemo I the most important stuff would be smaller trac tickets.

Since maximinus is keeping the big picture in mind right now he'd surely be able to put you on a simple task if you like to. (We discussed on IRC, one point which I think we agreed was that trac tickets should also be small enough to allow new programmers into the project more readily - not every trac ticket should be "refactor the whole codebase" hehe)

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Kasbe
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

I've got the Fife's and PARPG's source, but I still need to get lib vorbisfile to be able to compile the whole thing. The funny thing is that I cant currently seem to find it anywhere, nor do I have the time to stay a lot around the computers (you know, university, exams...) and solve it.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »

Do you run Win32 or Linux?

On Win32 the FIFE team provides a DevKit that comes with all dependencies precompiled so you won't have to worry about it. If you got time on your hands later, feel free to join the project's IRC channel. We can surely help you out with any build issues there:
http://irc.parpg.net
Kasbe
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »

I use Linux.
I cant use IRC due to current ISP's policy, I'll se if I can port tunnel an IRC connection to an open port.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »

I cant use IRC due to current ISP's policy, I'll se if I can port tunnel an IRC connection to an open port.
http://webchat.freenode.net/ Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: