Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: PARPG Meeting (urgent and important)  (Read 22702 times)
egalor
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »

I'd like to participate. My preference would be to start on 9:00 GMT Saturday (that's London time, right?) and to finish in two hours. If it's not possible, I'll consider other suggestions.
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

I won't be able to make the meeting, as I'll probably be sleeping off the excitement that was the Global Game Jam.
Artifice
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »

Ugh...meetings? If I wanted meetings I'd get a real job!  Wink

Actually, I've been in meetings pretty solid for the last two weeks, which has contributed to my lack of activity on PARPG. That said, I think it's a fine idea and I'll make the time to attend whenever you guys decide works best.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »

Alrighty, keep em coming. I'll take all notes into account and will set a time for the meeting in stone tomorrow.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 07:03:22 PM »

Ok, I should now be able to do blog updates so hopefully I can make good use of that.

We soon have to decide on a time for starting the meeting. I'd like to talk to zenbitz and maximinus here since honestly these two are big powerhorses and we could need their input on IRC - maximinus just is so far away ... Cheesy

Anyway, give me a few hours to review the available options for the time.

--------------------------------
So far people:
--------------------------------
egalor: start on 9:00 GMT Saturday (that's London time, right?) and to finish in two hours. If it's not possible, I'll consider other suggestions.

zenbitz: 1600 - 0800 GMT for a meeting start, I think.  Not both though!

barraAway: won't be available after 6PM GMT

dave: can't make it

Saritor: may join from his mobile, but probably will have a difficult time discussing Cheesy

Artifice: seems to have time, let's see what preference he has

Vaporice: seems to have time, has no real preference when exactly

Q_x: has time, will be there. great!

amo-ej1: will try to attend, but has busy schedule so it is quite unsure if he can

maximinus: has time near ~ 10:30 am-3:00 pm and 11:00 pm-12:00 pm (the latter one is in the morning)

Zimble: can't make it but sends best wishes Smiley (I want a cookie!)

shevy: hmm, i have no real preference but quite obviously I have to attend Wink
I didn't make up my mind yet... still want to retrieve more data. Tomorrow I guess we will have to finalize it. Right now though my personal preference
would be to have barra in the meeting at least for a few last words, so it should perhaps be before 6PM GMT. :-) Hmm let's see.

Hmm sirren ... gaspard ... and loads more probably have no time. but i think we already have quite some guys participating, would have been bad to be all alone ;-)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:48:46 PM by shevegen » Logged

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »

I am available 1600 - 0800 GMT for a meeting start, I think.  Not both though! 

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »

I'll do my best to attend, but my schedules are really unpredictable ...
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

Although I'm really curious how things are going in parpg (obviously not so well Sad ) I can't make it to the meeting.
Sister's birthday and acquiring some new vic...customers on some fair keep me busy the whole weekend.

Best wishes, Zimble

Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »

Q_x: not sure ?
Don't worry, as an old-school raider I will be there anyway. I have this weekend totally free.

maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »

I'll be on IRC as much as I can on Saturday, realistically that will be 10:30 am -  3:00 pm and 11:00 pm - 12:00 pm (that latter one is in the morning so i can't be exact with the times)

Science is open-source religion
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

The meeting will start at Saturday, 15:30 GMT (so 16:30 for us in germany, austria etc...)

For time zones and clocks:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/

I know this is not optimal at all, most either seemed to have wanted to have it started at like 08:00/09:00 GMT, or very late. It kinda sucks. ;-)

Very late means that barra can't attend, very early means that a few others can't make it, although very early might actually be better.

Anyway, time to set it in stone and hope that at least a few guys can show up.

If the time really absolutely sucked, we will know afterwards but we really must have a meeting even if only few can attend.

PS: California is GMT-8? That would mean that it would be very early for zenbitz? Oh well, guess that time sucks for him ... Sad

Anyway, the meeting will start at 15:30 GMT and last for around 45-90 minutes (45-60 seems optimal), but I hope it will be open-ended so that people continue to talk about it. I'll keep the wiki updated as we discuss along it.

Hopefully this way even other guys can join later and chime into the discussion.

The main purpose of the meeting is to look into the future and discuss what needs to be changed. Hopefully barra can say a few words as well as he'll be unavailable for quite some time lateron.

It's my first try at a meeting so be lenient Tongue

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 11:51:17 PM »

which of you is making me coffee?

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »

That's preety late, you'll get me for about 15 minutes then it'll be bedtime!

Science is open-source religion
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »

Just join earlier maximinus Cheesy

Actually I thought you would already sleep anyway.

Hmm freenode seems to have problems right now... I can't even change my nickname...

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »

Ok, the meeting is just finished, but I would like to write a few things.

First up - thanks to all who could make it. We had both zenbitz and maximinus!

Both had crazy times (maximinus had to go to bed, zenbitz just woke up)

I do wonder if we will ever again have such a crazy meeting, maximinus only gets a bit more than 5 hours sleep at such a time for the meeting ... :/  at least zenbitz had coffee when waking up hah.

Anyway, I would like to write down a few things for next time:

- Every meeting has its own wiki page, which is good. However, some items are hard to talk about. For example, the move to FIFE 0.3.0 - I really am quite clueless about this. Barra detailed a bit more at the end of the meeting, but we should have pushed this more into the beginning of the meeting when maximinus was still awake.

So my conclusion is:
(x) Most important things should be mentioned first AND should be listed in the wiki first (from top to bottom)
(x) If you are going to talk about something, you should be prepared to write a few sentences. The more you can write, the easier it is for others to chime in and help in the discussion.

We'll probably be without barra for at least 2 months, and we agreed to have at the very least one more meeting, but most likely at least two meetings during those 2 months. So, if anyone wants to say something which could be improved, just say so!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: