Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: PARPG Meeting (urgent and important)  (Read 16467 times)
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:24:31 PM »

The meeting will start at 15:30 GMT , Saturday (which is tomorrow).

Hope a lot of you have a few minutes at least even if it is just to say HI!

Obviously barra does not have the time necessary right now to commit to PARPG.
Hopefully he comes back, but for now we have to get more structure into the project.

PARPG was struggling in activity since some weeks. Some people seem to be completely absent for the time being (i.e. Kaydeth).

It's like on a battlefield, we suffered severe casualties, the remaining warriors are wounded and demotivated, and we now have to regroup before we can launch the final attack!

Zenbitz and maximinus think that I have to step up. I don't necessarily want to, especially as I don't really have the time to do so, but I see it as an "interim lead" until barra comes back - hopefully.

I am not sure when to do this meeting. Coming Saturday?

11:00 pm GMT or perhaps more or less. Hmm. Edit: Before 11:00 pm GMT seems to be better.

Please reply fast, I update my thread and then the IRC channel, possibly.

--------------------------------
So far people:
--------------------------------
egalor: start on 9:00 GMT Saturday (that's London time, right?) and to finish in two hours. If it's not possible, I'll consider other suggestions.

zenbitz: 1600 - 0800 GMT for a meeting start, I think.  Not both though!

barraAway: won't be available after 6PM GMT

dave: can't make it

Saritor: may join from his mobile, but probably will have a difficult time discussing Cheesy

Artifice: seems to have time, let's see what preference he has

Vaporice: seems to have time, has no real preference when exactly

Q_x: has time, will be there. great!

amo-ej1: will try to attend, but has busy schedule so it is quite unsure if he can

maximinus: not sure ?

Zimble: can't make it but sends best wishes Smiley (I want a cookie!)

shevy: hmm, i have no real preference but quite obviously I have to attend Wink
I didn't make up my mind yet... still want to retrieve more data. Tomorrow I guess we will have to finalize it. Right now though my personal preference
would be to have barra in the meeting at least for a few last words, so it should perhaps be before 6PM GMT. :-) Hmm let's see.

Hmm sirren ... gaspard ... and loads more probably have no time. but i think we already have quite some guys participating, would have been bad to be all alone ;-)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:31:49 PM by shevegen » Logged

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »

Le roi est mort? I think Barra will be back here soon, don't worry!
Shevy, IMO you're most energetic, enthusiastic person here.
I still cannot believe maximinus came up with this strange time. I will be there, at least I'll try to be there within first hour or two.
I hope it isn't too late/early for our East Europe (and Middle East) team members.
Maybe we can prepare a kind of list of topics to be discussed so that everybody can tell what they think immediately (I often think very slowly Smiley)? If so - completeness and usefulness of http://wiki.parpg.net/General_Inventory_List would be my pebble to this pile, good introductory activity place for greenhorns.

I know - FLOSS development is a process where one wants to have his hands as dirty, as possible, and noone actually wants to direct. :/

BTW: shouldn't this thread go to "Meetings" subforum?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:18:02 PM by Q_x » Logged

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »

I should be able to make it, Jan 30th. 

It would be nice if we could get someone with backup admin privileges on the various sites.

We nominated you Shevy because you are the one who is so concerned about everything.   Also, you don't have another job (except Janitor)

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:58:57 AM »

I still cannot believe maximinus came up with this strange time.

Did I come up with this strange time? That's very early morning for me (yawn!). We could try 11 AM, if you like, or even an hour later.

Science is open-source religion
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »

maximinus, it was you, and we have this logged Wink
I'm worried what Gaspard will say, thats all.
Both 11 p.m. and a.m. are OK for me
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:36:05 AM by Q_x » Logged

maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »

maximinus, it was you, and we have this logged Wink

Bah! Shocked It's not like it HAS to be held at this time, I mean move it if it causes major problems for other people.

egalor
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »

Dammit guys, I'm still keeping an eye on you. Please don't abandon this great project. Barra will certainly come back, he's not sort of that person that could call it quits all of a sudden (AFAIK).

I believe he must have some issues in real life.

Vaporice
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »

Upcomming saturday is fine for me Grin I'll guess i'll be avaible througout the whole day so for me any time is ok
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »

Dammit guys, I'm still keeping an eye on you. Please don't abandon this great project. Barra will certainly come back, he's not sort of that person that could call it quits all of a sudden (AFAIK).

Barra's not quit, he's looked at the boards in the last few days, but obviously for real-life reasons he's not been around for a couple of weeks. Now we can all sit around and scratch our collective asses, or move on. We don't need to wait for barra, and there are some issues - lack of activity - right now that need to be dealt with.

Obviously we can't deal with a 'lack of activity' problem by not doing anything! So don't worry, we're just running things while barra is away.

One more thing: any programmers feel free to chime in, but from the code dept I'd say we need to assign the trac tickets that are currently open for the tech demo to get them resolved, and then perhaps on where future work need to be headed.

maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:06:20 PM »

Any other departments want to post an agenda to discuss?

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »

We started a draft for things that need be discussed.

http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2010/01/30

Please add more stuff you would like to have discussed, either here (preferrable), or right at the wiki (ok as well, we will use that as reference when on IRC)

Meeting will be this Saturday, time is not yet 100% decided. If you can't make, don't worry, but if you are bored please do join. We absolutely need people who get to be active.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »

Thanks a bunch for organizing the meeting you guys! I've slightly reworked the wiki article.

30th of January is fine with me. I'll mail all devs in a minute so they can chime in and let us know if they can make it and what time they would prefer. This said: I'm okay with anything if it's not later than 6PM GMT. Furthermore I'll have to leave at 8PM GMT (not a minute later) because I have an important appointment this evening. I would be fine with meeting around 1PM GMT so maximinus can make it but we'll have to see if any North-America-based devs plan to attend the meeting. Got the feeling that it will hard to find a meeting time that suits Maximinus and the guys from NA :-/

Let's see who plans to be around.

EDIT: one note concerning leadership. While I'm back for now, I can say that the lack of other active developers in the project management department has contributed to my lack of recent motivation. So I would love to see you getting more involved in project management so we can split up tasks a bit shevy.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:16:12 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:51 AM »

I cannot make it before 1600 GMT on Saturday.   Although I guess I could do it at 0700 or 0800 GMT Saturday. "Friday night" for me.

It's probably better than Europe + Max is there, since I am the only active member of my two departments, I can be communicated with privately...

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 01:21:24 PM »

Mailed every registered forums user with a valid email address about the meeting. Sorry to the ones who don't care about the meeting but this was simply the easiest and fastest option and this meeting is so important that this kind of mass mailing approach is justified in this exceptional case.

Let me know in case you want to take part in the meeting state WHEN you would have time at Saturday. I'll announce an official meeting time, tomorrow at Friday, 29th of January, 6PM GMT.
saritor
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

Hey all,

First off I apologize for dropping off the face of the planet for nearly two months now! First holidays started eating into my free time and then other unfortunate life changes happened shortly thereafter.

I don't expect my availability to have a huge sway on the time slot for the meeting either due to my absence, but I will try to be there. I know that I already have plans to be out of town on the 30th, but I am hoping to be able to at least listen in from my mobile if I am on the road to IRC. I will also try to get back into IRC before then and see if I can play catch up with some folks there.

~Saritor
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: