Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 2572 times)
Akahm
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »

Hi! I'm a 25 years old boy looking for new experiences on the open source community. I've seen your "help wanted" in sourceforge and, after read your wiki, I think it's a very interesting project to join in.

I'm working in a robotics company on Castellón (Spain) using mostly C++, and I'm in the Cognition for Robotics Research department in my university, programming with C++ and Python, but I'd like to take part in a game development, and yours looks very good.

As you can see my english is horrible, so this can be a little problem, hehe. Maybe this experience could help me to improve this too XD
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:56:44 PM by Akahm » Logged
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »

Hi Akahm

As you might have read, Python is our preferred language. Best place to start is by building FIFE, installing parpg and just reading the source code. If you want to be assigned a 'real task' to do, just reply here.

If you have any other questions, best place is either here or on IRC. Communication is the key here, if you have *ANY* questions or problems, let us know, we generally aim to please!

Science is open-source religion
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »

English is no problem, I mean. As long as you can understand us. Smiley

My native language is german.

Anyway, welcome!

Do you think you can use IRC every now and then? From my experience so far, coordination on the forum is difficult. There seem to be many different people who would *like* to contribute but it is a little bit chaotic right now.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Akahm
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

Hi!

I'm writing from work because I've a problem with my pc and I can't start it (probably, the power supply is broken ). I'm trying to fix it. Meanwhile, I'm offline, sorry for that, but I still want to participate in the project. I've already builded FIFE and parpg, and I was reading code when the problem ocurred.

I've just seen the email about the meeting on Saturday, I'll try to stay conected to IRC.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:48:32 PM by Akahm » Logged
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »

Coolio Akahm, all the best to you and your system. Hope to see you in IRC :-)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: