Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Python Dev  (Read 3350 times)
galaxstar
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »

Hi all

I'm 38 and I live in Martinique (south caribbean).

I'm currently a web developer (python, php and typo3) in the public sector (Education). I'm currently learning Django and mangodb.

As far as programming goes my first language was C++  but i mostly use python now.

At work, I use python to automate taks. For instance We have a hosting platform for education services and schools based on the Guppy cms and i use python to automate the creation of websites and for other maintenance tasks.

I've also done a couple of "toy" projects like a numerology calculator (i know lol) using wxpython.

I'm interested in your project as a way to get practical  hands-on experience in a larger project and also i'll jump on any opportunity to do meaningful python coding.

I hope i can contribute in what seems to be a very interesting endeavour.

Richard aka Galaxstar
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:46 AM »

Hi galaxstar!
Nice to see you here!
We have this time pretty crazy, you know why if you read the forums. Releasing the techdemo is pretty close, but there are many  things waiting to make your hands dirty.
Are you able to build the game? This is always good starting point (and there has been some issues recently).
And one more thing - pop on IRC and say hello sometimes - even if its not so active, there is usually a person that will introduce you or reply your questions.
There is meeting planed on next Saturday, most urgent and important things will be discussed there.

Cheers,
Luke

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »

Hi and welcome. Cool to see people still find us. Wink

In a few days we will have a very important meeting.

Do you think you can use IRC and join? You don't have to be super-active ... 10 minutes are more than enough.

We really absolutely require a few more programmers who can be active on IRC every now and then.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: