Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Cullie - Game Audio SFX  (Read 10848 times)
cullie
Community member

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:40:31 AM »

Greetings, I'm Cullie

I'm 22 years of age, I'm a guy and I live in England, South Yorkshire. I'm passionate about games, and music. I also love RPGs.

I think your current game project looks fantastic! How is the progress of the audio in your game?

I'm interested in sound design/SFX. I'm currently a student in the field of audio, with experience in recording equipment, mixing and mastering audio and creating SFX. I also have access to some of the best equipment in the industry. My current goal is to gain experience with ambitious people such as yourself, with realistic yet challenging goals.

Unfortunately, I don't have a demo reel or website yet, as my project thus far is inconveniently prohibited for any kind of upload/distribution due to potential copyright infringement. But if you must know, it's a complete SFX redo of the WoW: Wrath of the Lich King cinematic trailer Smiley. Check out the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcRg_O9TNjU

I hope you'll consider me as a choice. Either way, I'm extremely eager to see how the game turns out! Good luck!

Thanks for reading,
Cullie
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »

HI there!
Welcome aboard.
Did you manage to compile the sources on your own?
Is your art (or craft if you wish) available somewhere to listen to?
Waiting to hear your job.
Cheers,
Luke

cullie
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »

Ah, I never thought of it until now, but I suppose I could upload the SFX I created for it without the video. Yes, they're all original, created and recorded by myself but occasionally blended with existing sounds. I'll get some of the sfx up for demo purposes up, though it might have to be after the snow has calmed down. No transport running anywhere around here now!
Sindwiller
Community member

Official Forum Linguist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »

Moo and welcome! Smiley Whee, SFX Cheesy

cullie
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »

Could do with a mini-project to demonstrate what I can do... apparently we are in this snow for a full week!
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:16:04 AM »

Heya Cullie :-) Great to see you around here.

To answer your question: we don't have anyone who does sound effects for the project at this point so your contributions in this field would be more than welcome.

If you got some time on your hands at one of the next days in the evening hours (I'm from Germany, so time zones shouldn't work against us), we could meet at the IRC channel of the project and talk about the details and answer any questions that you might have about the project :-)

You can find more information about our IRC channel here:
http://wiki.parpg.net/IRC

Looking forward to talk to you :-)
cullie
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »

Sounds brill. I'm working this IRC business out now Cheesy
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »

lol ... just noticed ... Sindwiller has a great avatar

Welcome on board Cullie, last man standing from the UK for now - at least here. :>

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 04:33:52 AM »

Hey, I'm from the U.K!

I just don't happen to live there right now  Shocked

Science is open-source religion
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 05:57:43 AM »

At long last! An SFX person!

Let's fight some ballerinas.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »

I just realized... we suddenly have almost like... 4 or 5 audio guys active.

Sorry maximinus but china is so far away ... Cheesy

cullie
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »

So who are the active audio people? Smiley
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »

you timong sindwiller meinmartini and dave

they are more active than some other programmers - because these didn't post or visit the forum at all lately. :>

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

Activity can be deceiving in this regard as the other audio artists have reported back but some of them have stated that they got their hands full of other work right now. It does not really matter from a certain point of view because soundtrack-wise we got pretty much everything for our first release covered.

What's still missing are some sound effects and none of the other guys has any sound fx experience AFAIR. So all the work in this field would be pretty much on you cullie. But we can actually help you, if we compile a list of sound effects that would be useful / "mandatory" (as in: most important) for the first release. The techdemo asset ToDo list at the wiki doesn't have an audio section but we should prolly add one?
http://wiki.parpg.net/TechDemo_Asset_ToDo

Alternatively, we could simply create trac tickets for missing audio effects. What would you prefer?
cullie
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »

Well, I'm assuming one or more of the programmers is going to be handling audio integration. First off, it'd be a good idea to speak to him in regards of what formats/file-sizes are running. Also as important is what amplitude you want all the SFX saving to.

A to-do list would be a good idea. When one's up I'll start noting creative ideas on a log sheet.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: