Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [WIP] Tables and chairs  (Read 13291 times)
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »

Assorted tables/stools and SoonToCome chairs. A couple of orientations each. Not convinced about the plastic tables, but they'd be what you find in a mall. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:14:02 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »

These are very cool. How long does it take to make such a single table by the way?

Also do you think you can add one damaged table? Doesn't have to be damaged a lot ... perhaps missing a part of the edge, or having a crack. (If it is too much work, ignore this!)

Btw, you said plastic, but if you wouldn't have said that, I would have thought the white tables would be marble tables ... like really expensive tables hehe Smiley

Hmm except for the small white chair, I guess it looks like plastic?
The wooden footstool chair on the left bottom side is cool
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:06:38 PM by shevegen » Logged

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »

I'd say a couple of hours for everything.. The longest part is texturing as usual.
The clean wood stuff is meant to be new, the "plastic" one should be something you'd expect in a mall cafeteria.. I made a couple more experiments but nothing good. Maybe they're made with plastic marble? Cry
Anyway, should the damage mean broken legs, then no problem at all.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 04:04:20 AM »

cool.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »

Anyway, should the damage mean broken legs, then no problem at all.

I don't know - just anything to increase diversity, really. Broken legs, or scorched surface, or slightly damaged surface... I have an old table downstairs, it is a bit a "knights of the round table" table for my friends when we were pen and paper RPGing for many years.

We had candles on it and eventually one candle burned down and scorched the table at one spot. This was perhaps 8 years ago, and despite heavy cleaning the wood is damaged Cheesy

But yeah, broken leg would be fun. Or a slightly broken surface for a table - but as said if that is too much work don't worry about it at all.

I'll see what I can do for getting more textures meanwhile.

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 06:40:14 PM »

I don't know nothing about nothing in modeling... but would it be easy to add some kind of "damage" decals to things with the same background textures ... so they could be somewhat "uniquified"

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »

Damge, dirt. And decoy. And decadence. Crooked legs made of sticks and branches. Ad-hoc repairs. Nailed parts to hold things together. Mould, mold, touchwood, rot.
All - with taste and unforgettable vintage feel.

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »

The more tables and chairs the better! Even if they are damaged.

If there can be a slightly more expensive chair I would be absolutely thrilled too because Kimmo (the "leader" guy of the mall) would surely want to have such a good chair!

Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »

Folks, I do admit that my texturing is too clean.. For now we'll have to do with it, though. I'll make more variations of the props I'm still to make.
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 10:51:17 PM »

To be true, then I give you a huge thumbs up Sirren, when I comment on your textures or anything then that's just for critique in general, but it is true, that we need quantity for the tech demo now, and if you keep the source files, then they can be modified later-on.

So don't worry about the little details too much right now. Of course there are exceptions in some cases, but in general y'know.

And keep up the good work  Cheesy
I wish I could be more active too atm, but I must catch up with schoolwork this week, busy times coming.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »

Agreed.

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 11:28:12 PM »

The furniture pieces have been recently added to SVN. Check them out on map.xml.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:55 PM »

Folks, I really hope I didn't sound harsh: I do know that texturing is my weakest spot. If you give a look at my first work for PARPG you'll note I improved.
And I do worry about details: they're the soul of a model. It's I'm learning to actually depict them.
Anyway, I'll render the trolley this evening and start texturing the gate tomorrow.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »

I still cannot force myself to admit the particular things have to be made on modeling/texturing level, not in 2D after rendering.
You have 10x more work when modeling things.

So - a general thought:
How do you (Sirren and the rest of team) feel about rendering (not always, just in this case) 2x the size and let some improvement to be done in pure 2D and downscale the rendering later to just about any resolution, that will be used after the techdemo? This makes some sense?

Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »

Are you talking about post render editing? I don't know, I think it's mostly fit for huge renders like main menus and so on.. seriously, I usually do't do it becouse my 2d skills really suck.
As far as the double size render goes.. Nah.. After we release thechdemo1 we'll decide about the end game resolution and make the stuff we need only once. Manpower is of the essence, here.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: