Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [Discussion] Inventory Items and how to do it  (Read 8146 times)
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:41 PM »

Gaspard - could you please assure me once again you have not made (or seen somewhere) any of items listed in trac tickets, as I think I've seen eg. meat hook somewhere... Sorry for repetitively stressing you - I have not much time for drawing until Monday so I want to have clarity of what have or have not been done when I will be ready for PARPG, rather than think "I must have seen this somewhere..." instead.

OK, here you go, this is what JustinOperable has done so far:

I must say the potato on the Instant Taters box looks better Tongue
And Continuum's 3D ones are potatoes too
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 02:33:13 PM »

thanks!

Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »

Anyway, what's the (more or less) size of inventory slot now? I'm doing 3d potatoes!

Neatso potatoes, could you post a larger version of those, something like 300x300 ?
Continuum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »

@ me doing you upset

It was my response to what Q_x said in his post:

(in fact hand-drawing eg. good bottle in 500x500 will take much less time than setup a lights and camera, make a photo, upload it, cut it, shrink and retouch - and put all studio items back on its place after batch of such jobs will be finished, doing such foto is again way faster, than finding good CC-licensed bitmap on interwebz)

And I added why I'm not going to be involved into more serious things here. What's wrong with that? As for the words I'm using - it's my normal way of posting.

You started with resolution, then placeholder, then went on to license stuff...
Jesus Christ. Posting suggestions, or ideas isn't allowed here? Or maybe I must use some time period between them?

Where I said you MUST change something immediately, or change something because I want, or do something because I say so? Show me where I did it.

@ resolution

normal discussion about design aspect. What's wrong with that?

@ placeholders for inventory items in techdemo

suggestion to use placeholders there, if you not decided (before its release) what route you'll choose (2d or 3d, size, etc.), and move to other things which are "known" now. What's wrong with that?

@ license stuff

read above.

But from now I'll shut up. Thanks for listening.
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

Dude, chill.
You haven't been posting much at the forums before, Continuum, just an image here and there and minor comments. People here don't know you too yet and might get offended. Give everybody some time. Most of the raunchier talk goes on the IRC.

Your input is very much appreciated, but we won't get anywhere if all the sides take things into heart that easily. Right now it was a series of misunderstandings, have some patience, man. You want stuff to move faster ? Log on to PARPG IRC channel.

As a side note, if it isn't too much trouble then would you mind posting a larger image of the potatoes' render ?
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 12:49:28 AM »

There is nothing wrong with changing stuff, Continuum, but if you are going to put everything into one post how easy is it to answer?

I never said you are not "allowed" to do it. Do as you please.

But seriously, how would you expect people to solve all problems quickly in
one go if you use a snide remark such as
that license(s) thingy is a real utter shite
?

Bundling it together into one post isn't helping.

And if you can not accept criticism, how would you expect others to accept criticism, please?

Debundle complaints, this makes it easier for others to address them.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: