Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [WIP] Intro screen mockup  (Read 5086 times)
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2009, 05:36:12 PM »

Hey artists. We plan on having an intro frontend for the tech demo. At the very least we'll need a static background picture. Then we'll overlay the usual buttons for New Game/Load Game/Options. Any sort of animations would be nice icing on the cake also.

Anyone want to take a crack at it?

All the this things are just a sketch. Proof of concept rather than a kind of hi-quality end product. It will be reworked as soon, as I'll see how all this things are working and fitting together in th game.
The huge backround will be 100% different as soon as there will be enough snow in Poland and I'll find some spare time to draw it. I have really good industrial ruined landscapes here. You can put any other image there, I won't mind.
The main menu "shim" looks ugly now
The buttons are 640x120 each (640x560 pix whole). This should be sufficient for both biggest and smallest screens (even 800x600) without rescaling. I'm quite happy with this buttons, but I will rework it or correct upon request.
It does'nt really matter where goes main menu on the screen. Might be centered for me.
Please note this is only a 800 pix thumbinail to spare your band. (Still don't know how to embed full size in shitasa).
All the mockups for PARPG are and will be in full res in my picasa account here http://picasaweb.google.com/luke.jastrzebski
I have all the things from this mockup prepared, cutted, transparentized, .pngized, collected and described in short readme file. Just drop me a line where to upload it.
It is no logo yet there, I know there should be one.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:50:10 PM by Gaspard » Logged

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »

That's by far the coolest intro screen sketchup I have seen.

The contrast is perhaps a little bit difficult... I mean the snow theme is cool, and snowflakes, fog and such make looking at far distances difficult, but I still think there could be a little bit more contrast.

I have really good industrial ruined landscapes here

Haha ... when I was in Trieste (Italy) few years ago, there were really many ruined buildings at the harbour area.

Made me sad, because if you were to castle miramare http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Miramare before, which was really beautiful, and then came to those desolated harbour area .... horrible impression. (To be fair, they have several small "ports". I dont think it was the main harbour area, but more an industry area pretty much next to it)

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »

Castle is really beutifull.
And maybe this is true - anywhere in the Europe you can find some devastated (or at least "dirty") places.

The illustration - as I wrote - it will be something different as soon as the snow will come again - we're just after the first strike of winter here, but it's above 0. And will be much more finished and contrasty. However I would be very happy seeing how all the things play with eachother before finishing the piece. BTW - do you need some cursor artworks?

We have huge slaughterhouse, the newer parts were demolished to the ground, and the old part is left untouched. In general - most of the town looks like Manchester in the 80's. Here ar some photos of this place:
http://grudziadz.pl/portal.php?aid=news&news=122424749848f888cad9c15
As it is forbidden to walk there I'm targetting into paysage-like broad view.
And yes, we have really rare and nice granaries here too, just about 10 min walking. They are in Wikipedia (look for Grudziadz).

amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »

awesome !

but your forgot save game Wink
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 09:52:09 AM »

Thought it was for intro screen only, not as a in-game menu. In-game menu looks quite nice and readable even in this early stage. Things in the in-game menu should be much, much smaller than here. And also they would rather keep the line of the rest of the HUD and/or GUI.

However if needed, I will provide it. Save, and resume game also. Just tell me (rest of the team) what you think.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 01:54:03 PM by Q_x » Logged

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 01:56:53 AM »

Looks awesome.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Kaydeth
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »

Thought it was for intro screen only, not as a in-game menu. In-game menu looks quite nice and readable even in this early stage. Things in the in-game menu should be much, much smaller than here. And also they would rather keep the line of the rest of the HUD and/or GUI.

However if needed, I will provide it. Save, and resume game also. Just tell me (rest of the team) what you think.

You are correct. This is for the intro screen only. Some games also use the intro screen as thier main menu but that wasn't what I was going for and I don't think it fits for us. I don't think a save or resume button is needed. Why do you it should be there amo-ej1?

EDIT:
Unless we want to implement a quick load. I suppose most modern games do this. A continue button that will automatically load the last saved game.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:17:24 PM »

just in case it will go unattented - ticket was updated y-day.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: