Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pre-proposal: Dialague Editor GUI  (Read 10057 times)
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 08:33:04 AM »

As for the code I wrote, I already laid the fundations several weeks ago when Or1andov was playing with the first prototype, so it wasn't that much effort to update it.

Regarding the dialogue editor GUI, yes it's a nice to have, and I think this could help/ease the techdemo work for non-programmers (read dialogue writers). On the other hand if the dialogue engine is changing every week, perhaps this is a message to spend five minutes thinking about it, defining what it will do, and stick to it ? (And besides, the main point in the framework such as say/response/back/end/... has been in there every since the beginning and has not changed. So it could be done on the stable parts at least).
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »

I just added a small standalone dialogue validator, usage is as follows:
Code:
~/parpg/FIFE/clients/parpg/utilities$ ./dialogueChecker.py --help
Usage: ./dialogueChecker.py [options]
Options:
   --help, -h         This help message
   --file FILE, -f    Yaml file to validate (default dialogue.yaml)
   --root ROOT, -r    Root path to which all files are checked
~/parpg/FIFE/clients/parpg/utilities$ ./dialogueChecker.py -f ../dialogue/drunkard.yaml -r ../
INFO: Going to validate file ../dialogue/drunkard.yaml
INFO: Searching for files relative to ../
INFO: Error found in file !
INFO: Error was: Section: help_fedex contains an invalid target: explain_boots in response
~/parpg/FIFE/clients/parpg/utilities$ ./dialogueChecker.py -f ../dialogue/farmer.yaml -r ../
INFO: Going to validate file ../dialogue/farmer.yaml
INFO: Searching for files relative to ../
INFO: Done
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 07:40:29 AM »

I had real trouble with the Dialogue checker, and further more with the dialog engine unit tests in test_dialogue.py.

DialogeChecker has a syntax error (except DialogueFormatException as dfe:) which I can fix... but furthermore appears to not work in this directory...

I got it to work but I had to change the imports and move it up a directory to where the other parpg scripts live... Not sure I should commit these changes.

Started fixing the test_dialogue.py unittests as well...

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »

Could you post a diff of your changes, either attached here or at Trac zenbitz? Should help the programmers to review the code and identify possible problems.
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »

The syntax errors smell like something related to python version, which python version are you using ?

And yes, I agree the imports might be an ugly hack, any proposal for cleaning this up in a portable way are appreciated.

Perhaps it's better to file these things in trac for visibility
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

I have built FIFE etc. under python 2.6.2.  However, my /usr/bin/python is 2.5.1... so unless people use

/usr/bin/env python (more portable!!!) sometimes it will run with the wrong version (and I have to type: >python foo.py or edit the script #! line)

I will post my diffs on trac... however, one "diff" is  moving a file, not sure how to handle that.

Should dialogueChecker.py really be in utilities? 

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: