Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [REQUEST] [3D] Pile of Wood - Part of Techdemo I 2009  (Read 16159 times)
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »

After googling for some wooden textures I changed my mind :-)

The first version seems to look most realistic hehe. But I guess it depends on the type of wood as well. I had a look at wood used for guns, and this wood is usually a lot darker (look at pictures of AK47 for instance)

Btw many US guys really seem to have an extended holiday time right now. Threads in other games or such refer to this hehe.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 02:19:05 AM by shevegen » Logged

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
BrandonJenkins
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »

Alrighty. In that case I need to re-do the texture. I'll try and find some good textures using that link you posted Q_x. Or if all else fails, I have a camera...I could always MAKE some wood textures Cheesy

I'll get on it as soon as I can. I'm also working on a ZBrush (that program -is- the devil, I swear) project right now. And finals for all my classes are in 2 weeks. So time to work on this may dwindle a little in the next couple weeks, but after that I have 3 weeks off for the holidays (yay!) where I can get a lot of work done.
BrandonJenkins
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2009, 02:10:17 AM »

Hey, when I finish this thing up, how do I import it into Blender? I exported the scene from Maya as an .OBJ file, and then tried to import it into Blender. I found the import section...but it doesn't seem to want to import the stuff.

Pleeaaese...haalp...
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2009, 02:23:28 AM »

Do you have python installed?

I asked on IRC; one reply was:

amphi_> there should be an import script for .obj format

Also look at this webpage:

http://www.euclideanspace.com/threed/threedsoftware/blender/character/obj/index.htm

You can download a small .py script. Although, blender should come with a python script that works hmm... what version do you use?

If you want you can upload that file somewhere (like at rapidshare), I can try to load that into blender.

BrandonJenkins
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »

I did get Python from the latest version of Blender that their website had. 2.6 or something like that?
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=91&t=829533
From CGTalk.. You should try to either get a Blender older version or try to render your stuff in Maya. Blender developement's quick, but I don't know when they'll get out the alpha stage..
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2009, 05:48:45 PM »

Bit chaotic if an older version works better than a later version...  Shocked

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2009, 06:50:45 PM »

Alphas are alphas for a reason. Not that surprising to see certain functionality broken in an alpha release to be honest.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »

Not to mention you could probably try a different format than .obj. If I'm not mistaken Blender can import Max/Maya native formats.
BrandonJenkins
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2009, 10:38:37 PM »

Both formats? MA and MB?

I'll try setting up some lights and cameras in Maya and rendering it out. I'll post it up soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: