Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: hi all - 3d modeler/texture artist here  (Read 2498 times)
AdfM
Community member

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »

hi all,

martin asked me to post an introduction, so here it goes.

my name is adrian and i finished my bfa in 3d modeling and texturing...wow, a couple of years ago already.  unfortunately, none of my classes involved using a game engine, so i am looking to get some real world experience on a team that delivers a finished product (and so i have something to add to my demo reel).  i work a desk job to pay the bills, but since that is only 24 hrs a week i have more free time than most people to do things i am more passionate about...like this.  there is a lot more i could say, but i think i will leave it short for now, however feel free to ask any questions.

i am excited to see how this goes, especially since i was supposed to be working on a commercial project (after buying a nice laptop, software, and whatnot) in my free time and it seems to have stalled out while the main programmer is in school.

later.

a
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:35:33 PM by AdfM » Logged
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »

Heya Adrian :-)

Welcome on the forums! First question that comes to mind: where are you actually from? That's pretty interesting for us as we often utilize our IRC channel for live communication but timezones can be a bitch in this regard. This said: as we got quite a number of active developers at this point, there is often somebody around to talk to.

As already mentioned in my email: it would be great to talk to you at IRC at one point. You can find me at the IRC channel of the project most of the time:
http://irc.parpg.net

Might be the best way to give you an introduction to the project and to answer any questions that you might have about the project and that we might have about you :-)
AdfM
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »

Ah, I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA).  Sorry I forgot to include that earlier.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »

Hi,

i am excited to see how this goes

Sometimes it moves faster, sometimes slower...

Right now it seems a tiny bit faster, but I think we have way too few artists. I may be wrong here, but I think some of them feel a little bit burnt out more readily than programmers, i.e. when you invest time to create something which takes hours, then finish it .... and then realize that a lot of stuff is still missing, and you are almost alone. :/

But as said, perhaps I am wrong - my point is the more artists to help out other artists the better.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: