Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2538 times)
AndrewBC
Community member

Just Some Nutjob

View Profile Email
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »

Hi!

I'm a 20-something undergraduate hobbyist developer with a couple years towards a B.S. in C.S.
I came from the world of web development with PHP, but I haven't dealt with that directly in about 4 years.
Nowadays I spend most of my time with Python, and I prefer it over other languages most of the time.
Though, lately, I've polished up on IronPython as well as C#, for a little bit of experience in the .NET world.

One thing I've been lacking in is some real-world group-work. I look forward to contributing, and the heaps of things I'll be learning with you all.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »

Welcome on the forums Andrew :-) Hope you enjoy the stay.
saritor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »

Hey Andrew!

Welcome to the forums! You can often times find most of us programmers in IRC (idling/afk/chatting it up) as well as here. Hope to see you hanging around.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »

Hi,

Pretty cool - one can never have enough programmers around IMHO. Especially Python. Wink

One thing I've been lacking in is some real-world group-work.

I think you ultimately have to get a "feel" of it on your own - I guess not all of us have a lot of experience in group-work over the Internet. In my experience the programmers that hang out on IRC every now and then tend to be more active (same goes for artists, but for every artist there are like 10 programmers now hehe)

I usually point programmers to look at trac, but personally I think IRC is even better for finding out what things would be most importantly right now.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: