Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Terveppä terve  (Read 4507 times)
Yorum
Community member

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »

Hello again. It's always so nice to get whole post deleted when the system logs me out. Wonder when I learn to copy my forum texts, just in case.

I'm an amateur game developer and I would like to contribute to/follow the PARPG project in some way. I found out about this project when I was skimming tru he gamedev forums and the setting got my imagination running wild: Post-apocalyptic sàmi reindeer herders following their sturdy herds of wooly-peters. Romani families going back to their ancestors ways, traveling from place to place. Post-apocalyptic puukkojunkkari-gangs going about harassing every single wedding found on scandinavia and somewhere in the east are the remnants of the border jaeger regiments, living their lives inside the snow forests using their hightuned survival and hunting skills.
And somewhere, on a small frozen lake, the bear loses his new, long tail to fox because of a centuries old prank.  Grin

I like to create things. My motive might be a little bit on the side of vanity, but I want people to enjoy things that I have come up with, be it a story, a sketch or an idea.

So, without further babbling,
Hi from here to there.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »

Heya Yorum :-) Saw that you were around in the IRC channel this morning but I missed you :-/ The IRC channel is usually the best way to get in contact with the other devs. The best starting point for story writers is prolly the techdemo quests article at the wiki: http://wiki.parpg.net/Draft:Techdemo_Quests

Anyway: welcome on the forums and enjoy the stay.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »

Yeah, just hang around, and make sure to come back later! I think perhaps 60% of those who make a break eventually come back again.

Anyway, sometimes new people have an easy time joining, sometimes they don't. I think you should pick whatever you like (story?), a lot of stuff is missing although we do also have quite some stuff for the techdemo I 2009. The techdemo I does not bother too much about being 100% realistic yet, but if you want you could always add more details, stories or similar.

There is however one thing I would like to say beforehand - I think we want to stick to realism as much as possible. So i.e. we don't have laser weapons, no aliens etc... making NPCs more realistic, and the stories believable, is thus quite important.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Yorum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:40:57 AM »

I'll get the game set up today. The whole mess seems to have a problem on my side of things and the main problem seems to be my old computer. I have to try to go tru the whole download guide from 0 on my better computer. after launching parpg successfully, I'll start to work on those characters for the techdemo.

Edit. Nonih!
Run.py runs gloriously.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:11:57 AM by Yorum » Logged
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 08:32:13 PM »

I can already feel that the quests will get a finnish touch.

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »

It's a big problem in FOSS games when quests are started but unfinnished.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Yorum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »

A little late info: I haven't been able to do much work for parpg, mainly because my number one consern has been swedish language and its grammatical quirks that defy all logic.

My quest for swedish mastery will continue few more months and I'll be back after this workload is off from my metaphorical shoulders. In a sense, my original objective of doing some work on the quests for techdemo 1 will be unfinnished until later notice.
neutiquam
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »

Hello, another Finn here. I think your ideas sound good Tongue. I myself was thinking of writing a background for the stereotypical Finnish farmer who wears sweatpants with rubber boots, drinks like a bull and doesn't talk much Cheesy.

Are you studying Swedish at the uni or what? I myself have final exams coming this spring and I have a huge one on Swedish Smiley.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:24:30 PM by neutiquam » Logged
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »

Just remember to come back from time to time!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: