Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Organizing a weekly meeting  (Read 11654 times)
Kaydeth
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:48:16 AM »

Hey guys.

Since we are starting to grow as a department I thought it'd be good to get a weekly meeting going. For now the goal will be to have a 15-30 minute status meeting. In the meeting each programmer will explain what they've been working on for the past week, any problems they are having, and then what they plan to work on for the next week.

This will also give us an opportunity to discuss any hot design topics after the meeting since we'll mostly be together.

My first thought is to try and have the meeting around 18:00 (6pm) GMT on Saturday. Let me know if this can work. Feel free to suggest other times and also give your general availability. The plan for right now is to accommodate both the American developers as well as the European Developers.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:55:48 PM »

It sounds like a good idea to me. It might be hard to establish a mandatory meeting in a volunteer project but a kind of "programmers who are active and got time on their hands, let's meet each Saturday at <time>" meeting could work out fine. Would be interested in the feedback of the other programmers though. I know that or1andov is sitting on a plane right now so it's unlikely that he'll reply soon.
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »

yeah, i think that most developers are already on irc when they're developing (at least I am).  but adding a bit extra communication is always a good idea
saritor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »

if its only for 15-30 I should be available most any day of the week. Definitely think this is a good idea since it would be a great time for others to make their comments on code reviews too.
Kaydeth
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »

Let's go ahead and try out the time slot I suggest. We'll schedule our first meeting this Saturday 10/22/09. At 18:00 (6pm) GMT.

Hope to see all of you there. Anyone new programmers as well as other departments are also welcome to come.
AndrewBC
Community member

Just Some Nutjob

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »

That time works out well for me. See you there.
saritor
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »

Perhaps one thing we will need to do on these meetings (at least this one in particular) is make sure that people are not going to be duplicating work, as we have seen is already starting to happen with the mix of Vaporice and AndrewBC on the questing aspect of the game.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »

First meeting today, 6PM GMT. Hope to see you there :-)
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »

Was not only Vaporice and AndrewBC but also borland I think - at least that's what I understood on IRC. (Or borland tried to pickup on code someone else did... saritor? I am getting confused with the names heh)

15 minutes meetings would be cool. All the important stuff could happen in those 15 minutes, and people could get a better direction of what is needed.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
jayathecat
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 05:53:55 PM »

Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting. Is there a summary posted of what you guys discussed?
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »

There you go jaya:
http://logs.unknown-horizons.org/%23parpg/%23parpg.2009-10-24.log

Starting at the 18:04:00 timestamp. There is no summarization available yet but as the meeting was not that long, the full log should work as well.
Beliar
Community member

KarstenBock@gmx.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

i guess we could use the meetbot, which was used in the fife meeting, for our meetings too? It was that UH-Guard - or something like that- one.

Wing IDE - http://wingide.com/wingide - Free for OS use
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »

Yep, meetbot can be used for our purposes, here's the list of commands:
http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »

Just a little reminder: programming department meeting today, 6PM GMT.
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 08:46:07 AM »

I missed it, but logs can be found here: http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2009/10/31
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: