Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PARPG finally registered at sourceforge  (Read 3508 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »

It took several months, but thanks to a new sourceforge admin looking into the issue, PARPG is finally hosted by sourceforge now: https://sourceforge.net/projects/parpg/

Thanks go to sourceforge admin Chris who helped us to tackle within hours what didn't work out in months before.
Kaydeth
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »

WOOT   Grin
b0rland
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

I take it that svn/trac will stay on cvsdude (i.e. no migration to sourceforge's svn is planned)? What do you usually use sourceforge for? In Fife for example.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:34:15 AM »

Yep, both will stay at cvsdude.com.

Sourceforge is pretty useful for three purposes:
1. Help wanted adverts. I've (ab)used my FIFE account for the PARPG adverts in the past but as we finally got an own project account now, I can advertize the project correctly there. AFAICT about 50-75% of the interested programmers who find us do so via sourceforge.

2. Release hosting. You have to host your releases somewhere and it's good if you don't need to worry about traffic. So we'll host our releases there as well.

3. General project awareness. Sourceforge is _the_ place for open source projects. Developers will often use the search interface to find projects that they're interesting to work on. So even without help wanted adverts, being around at sourceforge can really help to find additional developers.
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:59:13 AM »

To second barra, if it weren't for sourceforge I had never come across fife/parpg/...

and other than that, barra is one of the only decent users of the help wanted system Cheesy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: