Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: hi all!  (Read 14146 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »

That's great to hear :-) Do you have any plans for the remaining two weeks what you think we can still tackle code-wise before shipping the techdemo?
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »

Well, the most obvious part is make sure the quests work, i.e. creating the beer objects and so on. This is something I'll look at next week.

After that it'll be time to get some packaging done, because our deadline is 21 days away as I write.

Maybe I can also fit Q_x's new GUI design into the tech demo.

Science is open-source religion
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »

Hi guys. As I'm sure you've all been aware, I've not been that active these last few weeks. Father-in-law died and got a new job, was all a bit complex really.

Anyhow, I'm posting here really to say that I'm 'retiring' from PARPG. I put in some good work in the early days to help get PARPG started, and thought I could do the same when I came back but it seems I need more activity to push me along - when activity is low I also fail to produce. Perhaps I was unfortunate in coming back in the middle of a quiet period! I've also become re-inspired with one of my own projects*

I have learnt a lot from PARPG though - how to work in a team mainly (I think I was a little too 'nice' as a programming head in the early days which is why the current code is a bit of a mish-mash of styles).

I'd also like to say thanks to the people I met here, and in particular to Barra, who has generally been a fine project leader and I'm sure will go on to good things (and will one day produce a fallout game in one form or another!).

I'll still check in here sometimes, and if you have any questions about the code (mainly perhaps along the lines 'why the f*** is PARPG doing that) then PM me, because that will mean it shows up in my email.

Good luck with the game - I know (I mean, I REALLY know and understand) that making a good game is hard.

*OK, that project is http://sourceforge.net/projects/spqr/ - advert over Smiley

Science is open-source religion
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »

Hi guys. As I'm sure you've all been aware, I've not been that active these last few weeks. Father-in-law died and got a new job, was all a bit complex really.

Bye, we miss you.

This is a tactical cardboard game, but there may be some trademark infringement.
http://www.gmtgames.com/gbsp/gmtgbsp0.htm

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »

It was a pleasure to work with you. I hope we'll meet again and work together some day.

Cheers,
Luke

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:57 AM »

It's a pity to hear that maximinus :-/ Thanks for all your contributions; you're one of the main reasons why the project went that far so we were at least able to ship the first techdemo.

With maximinus gone, that basically just leaves b0rland and beliar in the programming department. I can keep advertizing the Python programmer position at sourceforge but it prolly takes more effort to effectively get the project back on track. There will be a meeting with an interested new project manager / maintainer at Friday.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »

Sorry for your loss, Maximinus. See you and good luck.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: