Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: gaspard  (Read 4973 times)
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »

Hello to everyone !
I'm pretty new to these forums and I am not assigned to any duties whatsoever !
Personally at the time I am residing in the city of Saint Petersburg, Russia and I attend the local Repin State Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architectue my major being (classical) painting. My goal is to become a (successful Smiley) portrait painter, but if that would fail I'll probably go for commercial and free-lance work including conceptual art for.. let's say.. the gaming industry.
Between my absolutely crazy schedule at school and my regular visits to the State Hermitage Museum, I like to read a lot, science fiction included in my favored genres, watch appropriate films and draw out my favourite characters, scenes, monsters, scantily dressed ladies in distress, what-not.
Here's a quick self-portrait from 5 minutes ago:

As the PARGP project advances and there arises the need (assuming that this does not coincide with my exam sessions) I'd be willing to whip up some concept art
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 01:08:16 AM »

Welcome on the forums Gasperd! The drawing looks quite nice, I like it :-)
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:32:33 PM »

i mean this is no CA, one of my ten-minute doodles really. but I guess it shows in which direction my art leans. when asked I can go for a more serious mood.
Sadly I do not have a tablet (wacom or alike, mine broke down) so I cannot work digitally : ((  What I can do, when the game gets to a stage where concept art is actually needed, is to provide you with scanned and Photoshopped (well detailed, not like the doodle  Cool) drawings of character designs, vehicles, buildings, areas.

In short I do not have the means to do flashy colourful illustrations, but I can help with visualizing the eventual design docs

/edit/ actually I guess I could do more colourful pieces with acrylic paints and scan them the same way as the pen/graphite pieces
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:34:29 PM by Gaspard » Logged
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »

OK, guys - see you in a week ! I might drop by for a second or two during the coming week, but prolly I won't have too much time.
Rock hard, y'all
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

Later Gaspard :-) Already looking forward to see you in action again after that.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:56:34 PM »

cya Gaspard

I guess december time will be with a lot of holiday time, so we should try to organize

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »

Hopefully - as I've just finished my monthly DTP work - I'll be more into PARPG for the upcoming time. However - I'll be missing your advices Wink

BTW - If you're not Russian, than where are you from?

Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

Still busy with schoolwork, have not managed to make enough free time for myself to join up with you guys yet :((

and too bad Barra's pretty much out of the picture now, too.

BTW - If you're not Russian, than where are you from?

I'm from Estonia (I think I mentioned it somewhere, too) and I'm a student here in Russia. if everything works out, then for another five years pretty much. Only now (after almost 3 years) am I actually starting to get the hang of the l a n g u a g e D: :D

cheers to everyone and good luck ! I'll still try to poke my nose in here often enough, no art for some time though :(
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: