Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: c++ Programmer  (Read 4711 times)
kayirayi
Community member

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2009, 02:42:49 AM »

Hi,All..I'm a freshman here..My name is Alex.Wei ..And i come from China. I'd like to make friends with programmers.Because now i'm a programmer too,even i'm basic now..lol.
I found this site on Sourceforge.Net..and i wanna join a project of GAME.But i dont know how to.so i write this post..introduce myself to All of friends and wanna some one help me ..
I have C++ programming exprience on Mobile Devices for 1 year ..and i wanna find and join a project..no matter what kind of project..i just wanna join the team ..learn more about programming skills and opensource thought..Thanks ..
free to ask..lol
I have a website ,But it's in Chinese..http://www.igugou.cn
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »

Hi.

Where do you live, if i may ask?

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
kayirayi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »

I live in the city of Dalian ..a building nearby the beach..
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »

Whoa cool, never heard of this town, seems to be huge Smiley
I've been in Shanghai and Beijing many years ago, but my favourite town is still Hong Kong. The city felt somehow very alive. (I didn't like Shanghai, at the time we were there they destroyed several old buildings to make room for new scyscrapers, and the whole town felt somewhat artificial. Beijing however was interesting, at one point we walked and came to some kind of police station where the guys there made some kind of loud, unarmed combat training. Reminded me of Sanshou, or russian sambo)

Anyway, have a look at the programming section http://forums.parpg.net/index.php?board=6.0
Also, I think good C++ coders could try to help improve FIFE, the engine. Here is their forum http://forums.fifengine.de/

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
kayirayi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »

Yeah..Dalian is also a Big city..it's not far from Beijing.I like Beijing too,but its environment  is not good..so i like Dalian Better,its air is fresh and clean.Thanks for your suggestion.i will got that materials ..Thank you
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »

Heya Alex :-) Welcome on the forums! Did you have any luck in setting up the build environment for FIFE / PARPG on your system?
kayirayi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 05:31:39 AM »

No..I have not yet make the building environment of PARPG or FIFE ...i wanna got the SVN path or some  useful informations ..But i did not find it..So i'm searching for it..I wonder a way that i can got the sourceCode..
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »

See here kayirayi:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Download

Do you develope under Linux or Win32?
kayirayi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:57:30 PM »

I make it in Linux .
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »

Did you succeed in building FIFE on your system and getting PARPG to run?
kayirayi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »

yes i got it..
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »

Glad that you finally got it working :-)

This said: I've stopped advertizing the C++ programmer position at sourceforge. Right now we're much more in need of skilled Python programmers to push the game forward. C++ programmers would end up working on FIFE and/or PARPG tools anyway and taking into account that especially the C++ engine programming job would require a lot of experience in the field, we should rather focus on attracting Python programmers.

You're of course free to pick up Python to contribute PARPG as right now there aren't any tasks for C++ only programmers.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: