Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: WIPs and Finished - shrew81's Environment art  (Read 34748 times)
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »

They are already cut out into sprites, and named in a correct way. I guess its the offset on the bottom left corners of buildings and the bottom left corner of the PNG... What if I made some kind of .txt file that would go along with my sprites and would have things like x offset, y offset, which sprites on what layer, scale...ect.

I hate signatures.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »

oh I don't mean cut into layers, I mean cut into tiles (right, should have used that word) so that the walls can be used not only for this building and floor tiles can be used not only for this floor etc..
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »

I don't think that's whats going on... The building is a whole, and the ground tiles are just that. I will be making walls for multiple uses, but not these. right maximinus? or am I just causing you an enormous amount of useless work?

I hate signatures.
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

Put simply, splitting buildings into separate tiles is a boring, boring task that whilst not hard to implement is just hard to solve in any truly competent manner.

Basically I've been ignoring it these last 2 weeks because of code refactoring (something I think has gone well), and also because it's just such a fiddly task. I've seen the code used by zero-project and that's also really messy  Sad

It's like cleaning out the garage, you know it has to be done and maybe you like the result but it's a real PITA to actually do.

Science is open-source religion
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »

I don't think that's whats going on... The building is a whole, and the ground tiles are just that. I will be making walls for multiple uses, but not these. right maximinus? or am I just causing you an enormous amount of useless work?

Single tile walls for multiple use are great, but still I'll need to work ut a way to easily add new buildings rendered from scratch.

Science is open-source religion
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

allright, I'll start off on some wall segments this evening after work (aaagh! a real job! Tongue)

I hate signatures.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

Anyone knows where shrew81 is or how he could be contacted? (Wondering if he would mind if I would go and email him hmm)

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »

The same applies as for border: I'll mail him at Monday.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2009, 08:00:38 PM »

if you want something concrete (heh), about about some kind of fence around the map.  I was thinking nothing "seriously" defensible like a wall (but it could have some ruined building walls) - but at least something to keep the wild animals out.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »

Hehe... barbed wire against pack of wolves!

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »

see better idea for techdemo... but big building would be a great start!  I didn't even see it!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:18:55 PM by zenbitz » Logged

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to: