Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: WIP - HUD and the GUIs, feedback needed !  (Read 50750 times)
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »

Well, that doesn't sound like what I said... I think I meant that the CRAFTING issues can go to the CRAFTING interface.  Something along the lines of the simple menus or simple branches for INVENTORY window I think should be fine.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »

Zenbitz, take a look at that if so.

We chatted todat with qubodup and agreed upon what follows:

RMB menu should look more or less like standard windoze context menu - vertical list of choices, without sub-trees (though we can make an exception here).

First goes what is supposed to be a default set of actions, later long list of all possibilities of non-crafting usage, and finally drop. Some things may be edible tools, or even edible, reperable, craftable, writeble/readable all at once (things made of birch bark or rawhide would be in real life).

Eat
Repair
Read
Default "use" choice (bolded if possible, marked with * or << if not)
Craft with that item (opens crafting window with the item selected, but still unselectable)
---separator---
All the other use cases
---separator---
Drop item

If the choices are unavailable, it should not be showed at all.

qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »

rowanas just asked me on IRC if we could include a paper doll view.

< rowanas> I was hoping that you might have time and inclination to include a "paper doll" style inventory. have the equipped items placed close to or on the body part they use. It looks nicer, in my opinion, and it's more intuitive
< qubodup> rowanas: like http://www.flickr.com/photos/qubodup/5357297821/sizes/o ?
< rowanas> vaguely, yeah. Slightly less chaotic, perhaps. Although that might be due to sheer number of item slots
< qubodup> rowanas: http://forums.parpg.net/index.php?topic=413.msg8517#msg8517 q_x made a paperdoll example. Would you consider this as a good solution?
< rowanas> that's pretty good, yeah

I would like the equipted item's stats to be visible instantly. Perhaps it should be made possible to switch 'paper doll' and 'information' views.

Since the information view is the more complex to implement, I would prefer it to be the first target.
wmbuRn
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2011, 11:23:32 AM »

I had some fun with paint again, how inventory should look like, this is basic info and idea can grow larger Smiley
I think items [e.g. Pant] should be putted directly on characters picture, instead of character picture is up and drop box for equiped items bellow

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/notebookwithinventoryco.jpg/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:25:48 AM by wmbuRn » Logged
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »

As for types and quantity of slots - this is again a kind of collaborative decision, mostly mechanics-related. Belt items would be needed for sure, maybe instead of rings, and maybe as it is now - on HUD on bottom.

I'd gladly see one or two slots for items stored on neck btw. - neck knife may be one obvious option, shawl or bandanna - another one, but in general it is easy to combine those.

As a general remark - inventory GUI is close to be finished - I did some graphics, there was a prototype made, so not much is going to be changed. But I think we will consider any reasonable proposal. This is why, when you're doing mockups, not just proof of concept sketches - please, show as much of actual look, as possible. Install the font to estimate how much text you can squeeze (if you have the game running, you have it allready, just search for .ttf files. Other way is to download it straight from our media branch.) Also, please try to keep the slots at the size that items will have - not much of a change when you're dealing with torso-sized space, but you can get really narrow when it comes to putting 4 slots in a row. 50x50 or 60x60 pix it is, I think the smaller size won.

wmbuRn
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »

Yes you are right. But this is only warming up Smiley Am in a hurry so i made another funny picture. So its another sketch all do mockups later Smiley

http://img25.imageshack.us/i/inventoryp.jpg/
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »

Glad to see people working on stuff!

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to: