Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Realistic aims for milestone 1 & techdemo 1  (Read 3534 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »

Heya dear mechanics department. This thread is part of a series of a whole bunch of threads, asking each department for their plans for the next two milestones.

We had some recent discussions about milestone planning at the IRC channel and we found out that it's currently rather hard to flesh out milestones as we don't really know where to start. We decided to go for a time-based approach, simply dividing the remaining time until the end of the year into two milestones:
1. Milestone 1 is scheduled for mid October
2. The techdemo 1 milestone is scheduled fo the end of the year

What we would like to know now are:
1. Which tasks would you like to tackle next?
2. Which tasks do you think the department can realistically tackle until mid October?
3. Which problems are currently hindering the work of the department the most?
4. Which features / content that is related to your department would you like see in a first public PARPG release that we would ship at the end of the year?

Thanks for taking the questionaire.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:55:42 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »

1. - My "mechanics" to do list is the following:
#  get some kind of draft of character object for programmers
# Reconcile skill system / damage and wounding / combat system

2. I could probably get this done by mid october, but I need a programmer to work with me.

3. Well, I don't seem to have much time to do both Writing tasks and Mechanics tasks; I think I will need some programmers to work with me so I can decide which areas of the Mechanics to develop first.

4.  I suppose we have to have a basic character definition, and the start of a skill tree and skill resolution system.   We couldn't have a release without a working combat system, could we?   I don't think any of that is difficult, but it's really more of a programmer task + modeling and refinement than developing "new" Mechanics.  I am not really sure what we are trying to do by the end of the year.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:34:17 PM »

What kind of assistance do you need for 2.?
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:06:51 PM »

I guess what I don't want to do is write some long, detailed specifications document and throw it over the programmer wall.
I just need someone who is responsive and knows the capabilities (current and future) well.  It would just take me an age to catch up on all the programming details right now.

Mostly this person would help me "meter out" tasks in chunks, rather than give them 90% of a game in one big blob.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: