Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: graphics suggestion/ request  (Read 4263 times)
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:29:57 AM »

Ok maybe this fit more into the GFX section but since the target was really the programming sector, i post it here.
i know we don't have a map editor yet, but would it be possible to add a "Randomiser or ground tile"
IE:we; artist create 10 map name Grass01.jpg to Grass10.jpg and on the map editor when you choose only the grass and paint it, it pick the tile randomly? I'm a sucker for random stuff, sorry but i believe it really add Life to a world.
Naturally the artist job would be to be sure they all fit one to another.
Kaydeth
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:17:20 PM »

Thanks for the request Border. I've added a link to this post in the Wiki to make sure we give it some more thought once we actively start working on the Map Editor.  You can check it out here http://wiki.parpg.net/Feature:Map_Editor

I've also started a thread in the Graphics section to get some feedback from the other artists. The more people who like the idea the higher priority we will give it.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »

We should try to convince the graphics artists to take a peek into the map editor to create an example map with it. This might be the easiest way to get feedback from them which workflow aspects should be improved and which features should be added to help the users who work with the editor.

Has anyone already tested the map editor. What is your impression? We might want to merge the separate maps in SVN so editor users already have a working map that they edit and play around with as starting point.
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:54:10 PM »

i didn`t test the map editor yet. i was aways last week. Vacation time ( oups i didn`t tell it before)
so i`ll do it asap when  i`ll be home again, should be around 10 august.
after that i think i`ll be more able to tell what is good and what need work.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 06:54:52 AM »

Alrighty :-) Hope you enjoyed the vacation.

Let us know if you run into any problems with the map editor; I've been working with it for some time and basically was one of the beta testers so it felt easy to use for me, but I don't know how others feel about it.
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 03:30:09 AM »

yeah thanks. just a stoopid question. how to find it the so-called map editor ?  i'm blind i guess
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 09:21:30 AM »

First of all you need to download PARPG and get it running on your system:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Download

After that CD into your FIFE/clients/editor directory and run "run.py". You should prolly try to open one of Rio de hola's maps to play around with the editor as our current map file splitting approach breaks compatibility with the FIFE editor. Let me know if you got any question about the editor. Having a tutorial for it would be great but I don't have the time to look into it this week. If somebody else would like to write a tutorial for it, that would be more than appreciated; the wiki would be the best place for it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: