Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Using trac for milestone coordination / roadmap planning  (Read 17772 times)
Cruul
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 12:55:27 PM »

Hi,

Just wanted to point out one thing.

When reporting bugs it's really useful if the reporter would include the error-trace as a text or text-file and some description of the problem, even screenshot.
I've been reading through some of the bugs and some of them lack description.
In my experience programmers tend to ignore bugs reported with limited description.

-Cruul
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »

art question; is trac a good tool for us, poor artist? 
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 03:06:05 PM »

That entirely depends on the view of the artists. Trac is a great tool for programmers but I'm not sure if all artists will like the workflow of it. It's also a question of alternatives that could be used to coordinate the efforts in the graphics department. What kind of task management tools do you use at work Border? Any recommendations?
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 04:35:20 PM »

One problem, IMHO, is also that so many different components are plugged together. Mediawiki is cool, trac is nice, phpbb forum absolutely rocks. Adding more and more components, at times probably with user management where a user would have multiple logins... strikes me as a bit problematic.

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »

I can see the problem but it's hard for me to imagine better alternatives. You could integrate forums, wiki, blog, svn & trac but the price would be investing a lot of time into proper integration AND hosting svn and trac yourself so you can fully customize it. It's currently not possible to link together trac & svn accounts to the other services. But being hosted by cvsdude saves us a lot of work. Administering a root server and keeping the whole infrastructure running can be quite some work and in the end somebody has to pay for the server. Cvsdude.com hosts open source projects for free, it's hard to beat that.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: