Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback thread: Suzi  (Read 6193 times)
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »

Welcome to the feedback thread of contributions by me.
I appreciate constructive suggestions and of course, praise if it`s deserved.
Also, excuse my english sometimes. British english is the way to go :monocle: !

You might have noticed the little mascot, with the Vaultdweller suit. The idea behind it was to show everyone that PARPG is inspired by Fallout and of course Troika, etc. but you know the story! Tell me what was your first reaction when you saw it. How do you like it etc.? This is basically just a prototype about what`s to come, stay tuned, folks! I have another excellent idea.

Today i finished this little concept art here, a soviet soldier enjoying the snowy weather.
link:
http://img2.abload.de/img/sowje4tfinishgqdv.jpg

Concept art is still something i`m experimenting with. Recently i learned a bit about anatomy, but knowing anatomy and then drawing it correctly (nose, eyes) etc. is hard.

I hope some of this stuff inspires somebody.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »

For the ones who missed the mascot proposal in the gallery, here it is:

Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »

Good concept on the soldier. It could use some color, i know when its snowing color goes desaturated but its lack some life.
Anyways, overall the anatomy seen good. Keep them coming, the more you draw the better you get. that the way i see things Cheesy
For the mascott... i'll pass ;P Way to FO for my taste. Even if PARPG is the "grandson" of FO, its not the same thing, and right now the message is "Fallout under the snow" I dont think that represent the project as a original project. But the idea is good. it could become an easter egg. somewhere in the world a snowman have a vault dweller suit Grin
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »

Hi border, thanks for the feedback.
The reason there is no real color i thought it wouldn`t make a lot of sense in a kind of military way. I could color the weapon or the scarf but then enemys could probably see the soldier easier. I`ll try to experiment with some slight colors, can`t say no unless i see the results.
The snowman vault suit might be a bit too obvious but at the same time it`s very easy to understand what`s it about. PARPG is not a Fallout copy, i agree. But you can`t deny the influence Fallout has on this project. Easter Egg would be nice, but a lot of people have probably seen it already.
Thanks again.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »

Hmm border has a point. Maybe we could rather give the snowman a thick wool pullover / sweater? What do you think?
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:57:32 PM »

what about a snowman with a leather jacket and SMG?

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »

Hi zenbitz, i think that`s a bit of a overkill..
but there are plans for something else... soon

New tileset i created:
I think each tile is 9x9 standard tiles, it`s a bit less flexible but it`s faster to make

Coloradjustments, sharpness, etc. can be easy made..
btw. do you think snow has a blue-ish touch ? How would you paint snow, which colors etc.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:31:59 AM by Suzi » Logged
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »

The snowfalloutperson is cute, but I also think that the bridges to Fallout shouldn't be that obvious Smiley

I would like a .. torn, burnt, soaked-in-oil, shotgunface'd snowman. (I seem to have a 12yo-bloodthirsty-kid-moment. then again, it's just snow Smiley )
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:02:08 AM »

Small sketch:

Not perfect. Hands/Arms need fixing etc. currently i don`t feel to work further on it.

But this might be useful to others: First of all i sketch a small Skeleton-like figure to get the pose right with little details as possible, then i start the big body with all kinds of details. Also a grey background, because white is a bit too strong for the eyes, at least for me.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 02:16:40 AM »

Small sketch
The link didn't work for me (something about a MySQL-blocked site) so here's the direct link to the full-size image: http://img3.abload.de/img/waffemann3oivw.jpg
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »

somebody uploaded the sketch with a white background, i don`t mind it.
@q: seems like you have some problems, from now on i`ll include two links

Direktlink: http://img3.abload.de/img/icelandertfyo.jpg
Thumbnail:

Quick sketch showing the live of a kinda loner, maybe one small family not more trying to survive.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 02:44:39 AM »

somebody uploaded the sketch with a white background, i don`t mind it.
@q: seems like you have some problems, from now on i`ll include two links
It works now, I guess the site had a bad moment.

I change the levels of concept art before uploading to the wiki sometimes, to make it better identifiable at low resolution in the gallery. Was the gray bg intensional? I upload the original versions, if you so prefer. Smiley
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »

No no white looks actually better, i was just surprised that somebody uploaded it because personally i didn`t felt that it looked good enough, because of lack of fixes and  a bit color wouldnt hurt.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 12:40:55 AM »

I just had an idea!

That mascot looks cool, but it looks too nice. Can we get a slightly more tarnished snowman? Perhaps radiated one, or with an evil grin? Or perhaps blackish snow? I dont really know, just something that gets the mood more to the unhappy side of things

On the other hand I guess a happy snowman isnt too bad, there was this actionboy figure of Fallout so I guess either way is fine

Or perhaps there could be two snowmen - a happy one, and one that signals danger or is evil?

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: