Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sound Meeting?  (Read 9206 times)
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »

I know it's a little bit premature to consider having a meeting in regards to the audio of the game, but perhaps a general meeting where all of those who are involved in sound could be arranged? Of course, there are some discussion threads about this already, but having an open meeting where we'll have some active questions will give us a stronger idea of what to produce for the game. Does this sound doable, or is it too early to consider?

Let's fight some ballerinas.
timong
Community member

Hmm, where will this appear?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

I think it's a good idea to be proactive! Cheesy So I'm in. We can discuss music related things and probably a bit about sounds as well.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:07:40 AM »

I'm totally down.  I'm busy as hell 'til August (if you haven't noticed already), but after that, I think we should totally do it.
Gary
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 04:08:44 AM »

I'm pretty much always busy, but I'll desperately try to make the meeting.  I'll be out of town the second week in August.
timong
Community member

Hmm, where will this appear?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »

August seems pretty okay, no hurry is needed! I'm available in August, best time for me is GMT 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM,  anyway that's just a suggestion, let's see what time is the best for all of us.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »

August may be tricky, as I am moving on the 16th (flying to another part of the country for school). If it gets any later, I may not be able to attend many meetings. So what time do people project they may be available? I'm around for the first two weeks for sure. After that, I'm not so certain.

shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »

From my point of view the audio department usually is able to create nice tracks so far. Which is good. More tracks! Cheesy

However, and this is I believe something which we lack here, we lack simple sound effects. Not only shotgut or combat sound, but also other things ... the sound of a bear would be fun. Or a deer moving ... or the sound atmosphere inside a pub. Perhaps the pub has an old jukebox! The sound of a snowstorm... such things would be cool.

The other thing is, I believe, it would be nice if we could attempt to create an audio CD with all parpg tracks Wink this is of course more a joke suggestion, but I remember I once had a DVD where the 1st track was the game data, and the remaining tracks were .wav audio tracks for the in-game themes. This was all kinda cool! Example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnx7xUDdr1w especially at 1:50 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWxk4bOmw-8

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

This can be a discussion for another topic, but if we wanted to profit somehow by selling the soundtrack of the game, I know of a few means of setting up with minimal cost (using kunaki.com to mass-produce CDs; setting up the product on cdbaby.com where they will distribute the album to different digital outlets).

I'm also curious as to how many people we have to create individual sound effects. I know we had at least two people making some sounds last summer, but haven't heard from them since.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:25:30 PM by meinmartini » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: