Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Exploring ruins - 'Depths part 1' - music  (Read 4852 times)
timong
Community member

Hmm, where will this appear?

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »

Hello there,

here's a new piece I've started to work on just today, a piece probably for exploring uninhabited ruins. It's amibentish, with long reverbs, minimalistic style.

Share your thoughts, what do you think?

http://www.box.net/shared/pq5iiakt2s

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »

I like it.  I'd space it out more, but I like it.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »

I like it.  I'd space it out more, but I like it.
Thanks Dave for the listening and opinion!  Smiley I'll try to make it with more room and also add new parts.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »

Updated, extended with new parts, probably it's less backgroundish, but I tried to balance somewhere between characteristic and ambient, hopefully not too strong. Smiley

Link is the same: http://www.box.net/shared/pq5iiakt2s

meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:32:56 AM »

I like it; but it's pretty versatile. It kind of fits the description of some place dark and full of sand (kind of like exploring a pyramid), if that makes any sense. Could even be useful for dungeon or cave exploration.

Let's fight some ballerinas.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »

I like it; but it's pretty versatile. It kind of fits the description of some place dark and full of sand (kind of like exploring a pyramid), if that makes any sense. Could even be useful for dungeon or cave exploration.

Thanks meinmartini for the feedback!
I guess there'll be some similar places in PARPG we can have use of it. I've read on wiki that it's planned to have such explorable places in the game.

Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »

So much better. Smiley  I like that it kinda builds and drops all over the place, creating a tension that something might happen, but it can't point out when or where.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

I _really_ like it. The atmosphere is great, I agree with Dave's statement: it's a bit of horror film music, something could happen in this very moment but you're just not sure.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »

Thank you Dave and Barra! I'm glad you like the track! Smiley
Is it meaningful to provide an some kind of game compatible version for it right now? What format should it be?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: